Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering - 9-26-2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, May 16, 2020.

1. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

just registered. looking forward to a great weekend.

bchrismer likes this.
  2. Way cool, Dave! I don't think I ever have been to Bethel. About the closest I've been is Palmyra to the east or La Plata to the west.

I'll be ordering shirts next week, but won't have them until right before the event, so they won't get shipped out until the week of September 28.

3. We're down to 1 week left to get registered or to order t-shirts. Both can be done by clicking the google form link here: https://forms.gle/KshPtuZ9D9Ep44gX8

Registration/ordering closes on August 31 to allow me time to get the order together and sent to B-Scott with enough time for them to get the shirts into inventory, printed, and shipped back to me. For those who have ordered, I will start shipping them out on September 28.

Thanks to each of you who ordered on the first batch. The shirts turned out WAY cooler than I dreamed they would be.

For those of you coming to the event, we're going to have a "Meet & Greet" on Friday evening, in the parking lot behind Garbo's Pizza, in the Chesterfield Village business district on the SW side of town. I'll have the t-shirts there and can get those handed out to you.

guthriesmith and MO_JUNK like this.
  4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I can't attend either but I just put in for a tee, good luck with the show looking forward to seeing pics from the event!

bchrismer likes this.
  5. Thanks for the support of the event, @Automotive Stud! I'll be mailing the shirts out after the event, and we should have some pretty good photo coverage by some of my buddies that are coming.

6. You guys who are buying shirts but not able to attend are pretty dang amazing. I was hoping that between the shirts for the registered folks plus the "sales" that we could get to 100 t-shirts. The first order was for a total of 90, and now the count is for the second order is pushing the total up to over 185.

Tomorrow, I will be disabling the order/registration form, as I will be placing the final order based on what is on the registration/order spreadsheet. If you have been thinking you want a t-shirt, now's the time to fill out the form, because on Tuesday, September 1, it will be gone.

Thanks again, for the support of the event. B-Scott really went above and beyond with his t-shirt design, and I believe that it made the difference between this being a couple guys hanging out in the park to a BUNCH of guys hanging out in the park and many more anticipating the posting of photos!

b

dwollam, Tim and guthriesmith like this.
  7. I gotta say...when I decided to throw this shindig, I never dreamed I would be having so many fun conversations with fellow '40 owners all over the map! Such an honor and privilege! The latest call was another call from Roger Ward, so he could bring one of his shop T-shirts for Robert, the birthday boy. Forty Ford guys are awesome.

Thanks again, to each of you who ordered shirts and those who registered for the event. I've got so much cleaning to do on my coupe and the stake truck, and some mechanical crap to fix on the panel truck. Hopefully I'll be ready. ;-)

dwollam and guthriesmith like this.
  8. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Better get busy Brett. They closed Ft. Leonard Wood so, we'll be there. It'll be a five spoke get together.

bchrismer likes this.
  9. Well, sorry you don't get to see your grandson graduate from Fort Leonard Wood, but I am glad you get to come play cars with us. Does that make me a bad person? LOL

10. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

11. LyleWaughtal40Sedan.jpg

Lyle Waughtal and Jon Zastrow are coming down from northern Minnesota to be part of the MidWest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering.

Lyle sent me a message last night, via the HAMB, and asked about hotel rooms. For you who know me, instead of just responding, I picked up the phone and called him. What a fantastic conversation. What we could have resolved via a simple couple minute process of me replying with a text, we took care of in just under an hour of talking. What can I say...I love talking to other car guys, especially Forty Ford guys!

When I saw this pic of Lyle's '40, my heart skipped a beat! Do yourself a favor, when you see Lyle, have him tell you the story on how he wound up with this cool time machine. The history behind it and the memories he's made with it, you'll thank me for that tip later. ;-)

Looking forward to meeting you and Jon in person, @Crocodile

12. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Five spoke get together I guess.

bchrismer likes this.
  13. Not necessarily a requirement to be a friend of mine, but it helps. LOL

Weedburner 40 likes this.
  14. Crocodile

Crocodile

Thank you for the kind words, Bret. I guess I was in the right mood to be a bit windy! I was a bit "cold feet" since I don't know the area, but I am really excited to come down after our chat! Talking to you was like getting back in touch with an old friend.

As a side note, it is almost like Torq Thrusts were designed to be on a Forty. Then they figured out that they look great on other stuff, too...

Weedburner 40 likes this.
  15. LOL. I'll take the blame for the long conversation, Lyle. I hit ya with the "I gotta know the story behind your '40" thing.

16. 20200906_151814.jpg
    Sunday, I ran the panel truck down to Doug's old shop to pick up the coupe, so I could bring it home and begin cleaning it up. I think it had been a year since the coupe had been washed. The front wheels looked like they were nearly black, due to the brake dust, and the front end was covered with bugs.
    20200907_164714.jpg
    Still not 100% clean, but it is a start.
    QueenCityRiot2015-antisocial.jpg
    On Monday, being a holiday and all, I finally took the time to clean up the garage enough to get the stake truck from the hole it was buried in. Since I had been running it back and forth between the house and Meeker's shop, while working on the panel, I had LOTS of parts and some crap I hauled away from my in-law's house still in the bed. I figured I would run it down to Doug's shop and empty stuff out and put the couple pallets that I had into the burn pile. Unfortunately, I believe I fried another ignition coil on the way. Once I turned off the highway, the truck died and when I could get it to fire, it would not idle. I was able to limp it to the shop and picked the panel truck back up for the ride home.

Trying to get all three of them ready for the MidWest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  17. Over my lunch break, I ran up to the Quality Inn & Suites to visit with their manager. He was quite happy to let me know that he's nearly booked up for the night of September 25.

So...if you are coming in from out of town and haven't reserved your room, you may want to do that sooner than later. As of noonish, they only had 8 rooms available for September 25.

The phone number for the hotel is 417-888-0898

18. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

19. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

20. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh, man!!! I had a message earlier tonight that sounds like @Bigmac48 has a "definite maybe" contingent on the weather for making the 1,100 mile trip out to the MidWest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering.

Hoping that the weather people are forecasting good weather because I REALLY would love to see Dennis' 40 and hang out with him, too!

21. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Yup, I had a chat with Dennis yesterday. He keeps asking if I think his car would make it and I keep telling him that I wouldn't be afraid to drive that thing anywhere. I hope the weather is good and he comes too.

lothiandon1940 and bchrismer like this.
  22. Got a call from Joe Albietz, confirming that he and his wife will be coming down from St Louis to hang out with us on Saturday the 26th. Joe has built some fantastic hot rods over the years and his '40 pickup is no exception. Lots of neat little tricks on this one. Albietz40Pickup.jpg

23. DMMuir

DMMuir

Man, I wish I had seen this before today. It’s too short notice at this point to drive from Fargo, ND. Is there any chance there’s an xl shirt I can get??

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. The event isn't until September 26, so you still got plenty of time for the drive from Fargo. ;-)

Check your PM's.

guthriesmith and straykatkustoms like this.
  25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just booked my room at the host hotel. Looking forward to hanging out with the forty Fords....

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  26. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

image.jpeg image.png Well you know I don't want to get her dirty! Or hurt the "ol girl" ,but tomorrow gonna take the front tires to have balanced checked , try to get her greased , probably change the pretty fresh oil , and take a look at the plugs , oh, and get numbers off the belts ,checking out my jack , couple short 2x6s ,got some Lucas ,extra oil, didn't start putting together a tool kit yet? Heck might have to have a roof rack !!! Think I'll put one of those big water cans on the side , and strap some flashin lights to the back ! I did order some of this . Suppose to be here in time .

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  27. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

@Moriarity since your retired now and nothing to do.

28. Not gonna twist your arm, but it sure would be cool to have you and your coupe down here, @Moriarity.

guthriesmith likes this.
  29. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

To the top! It's getting close!

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  30. 40_IS_80_WERX.png I've had a few guys ask if they could get a "print" of the Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering artwork. While that sounds like a cool thing, I sure didn't want to spend money on a bunch of prints on stuff that would more than likely be damaged on the way home.

I had also been looking at some "merchandise" options for my
    Bret Chrismer's Mustache
    Wax store, which caused one thing to lead to another.

While sitting at lunch today, with my missus and her client, I got a call from Lisa at
    B-Scott Studio
    about my latest "bright idea". The results of that call is that we will have 100 limited edition Midwest Forty Ford 80th Birthday Gathering bandanas available for purchase at the event.

The bandanas will be black 100% cotton with the full "back" t-shirt art screen printed on them. What you choose do do with them, whether it be hang them on your wall, wear them as a face mask, headband, or just blow your nose on 'em, well...that's your business. [​IMG]

After the event is over, I will offer up the remainder of them for sale.

We're one week away. Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!

The 39 guy and Primered Forever like this.