Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Y block big truck fan/water pump

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi 4d, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We wish to raise the fan height on a Y block in a model A . I have in my parts piling system a big truck Y block water pump with the ears on top for the fan . But we are unsure what the fan assembly looks like. Tried a flathead one but the assembly is too long and it has the wide pulley. I presume we need a double sheave crank pulley also?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did a lot of searching an this was all I could come up with which is what I believe to be big truck Y block. I would still like to see a picture of it all mounted up to get an idea of pulley an belt relationship. Any help appreciated. 53D3FB49-6D9E-4B15-ACEE-7C3525E56834.jpeg

3. Bryan give me a little Time & I may have some pics. My great friend & machine shop owner has just rebuilt a 55 pickup engine & I have found him where to have water pump rebuilt. Expensive but can’t find them. I will do my best to get pics when he gets pump back. Cheers
    Tony

4. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Couple of random internet pictures. Search 1955 Ford F600 for sale. Lots of good pics out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @FrozenMerc better search on your part. The fan sticks out a long way, too much for a model A anyway. If we go this route it may well be a custom fan bracket , well we dont have an original any way .

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Tony. @KiWinUS all pics appreciated . I have a pump and NOS double sheave crank pulley.

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

I dont know about the trucks but the passenger car engines were built in two plants and many engine parts do not interchange between their engines.