Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1951 Shoebox Ford Custom 2-door--SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by blakejr57, Jul 25, 2020.

1. blakejr57

blakejr57
    from Austin, TX

City: Austin

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $7,500
    Car has been sold, thank you for your interest

Reluctantly putting up for sale my 1951 Ford Custom 2-door sedan (not a coupe!). I love this car but over the few years I've owned it I've realized I'm not up to the task of keeping it in good running shape. I want to get this thing into the hands of someone who can do right by it and give it the care and upkeep it deserves.

This car spent its life in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, and was purchased by a family member in November 2012. It was completely rebuilt and I took possession in April 2018. It was built as a driver, not a show queen, and as a cruiser rather than for straight-line speed. Extensive documentation and receipts for parts used in rebuild will be included, along with a copy of the "Green Bible" 1949-1951 Ford Shop Manual.

-Drivetrain: Rebuilt 239 8BA Flathead v8, Offenhauser 2x2 intake topped with 2 Ford 94 carbs (both rebuilt in Jan 2020) with progressive linkage, Offenhauser finned heads, Iskendarian cam and springs, Fenton cast iron headers, original Ford-O-Matic transmission replaced with 3-speed (non-overdrive) C4, Smithy's glasspack mufflers. Brakes are manual and drum all around, and steering is unassisted manual as well. Suspension is unmodified and at original ride height.

-Electric: Rebel Wire 8-circuit harness, 12-volt conversion with alternator, D.U.I. HEI-type distributor, MSD Super Conductor wires, original AM radio converted to Bluetooth/USB port equipped, 2 Rockford-Fosgate 2-way 6x9s in back.

-Body/Interior: There is some damage to the hood from an incident this April when the hood flew up on me on the interstate (see pictures). Front and rear bumpers re-chromed, new Ford badges front and rear, white paint with metal flake, new rubber all around, new interior/carpet/headliner, Coker wide whitewalls all around (several years old but with only ~1000 miles), including spare.

The things that will need fixing/attention are first and foremost the hood damage. I don't have the bodywork background to be able to say for sure, but it looks like it could be fixed by an experienced hand. The wiper switch needs service/replacement (the reason for expired inspection), and neither of the two rear windows roll down when the handles are turned. The radiator is original from 1951, so depending on where you live or how you drive may need upgrading, and there is no air conditioning.

Aside from the handful of photos posted here, I've posted a 3 minute long walk-around video on YouTube that you can view here:

If you are interested in something I've neglected to mention/picture, let me know and I can provide info/pics for whatever you'd like to know about. Price is negotiable and I am open to lower offers, but no barters/trades, please. PM me here on the HAMB, or by email at [email protected].

IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0402.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0409.JPG IMG_0410.JPG IMG_0413.JPG IMG_0415.JPG IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0448.JPG IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0416.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. blakejr57

blakejr57
    from Austin, TX

3. blakejr57

blakejr57
    from Austin, TX