Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can anyone identify this frame? Value?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Charlie57, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Reading the responses here it's amazing how much has been forgotten about how things were done back before the Interweb or dial 1-800 anything for your hotrod. This frame is a perfect example of the backyard engineering going on pretty much everywhere there wasn't the big bucks to waste on a toy. Not every hotrodder had the fully stocked and equipped shop. Not everybody had Bridgeports and tig welders. But what they did have was the desire to build a hotrod. Somebody took the time to box the frame, add a finishing touch to the frame by the steering and paid some coin for the chrome. It looks like the car was finished and driven at one time, so the frame must have held together for those miles. It's getting to be quite the mantra here on the NEW HAMB that everything has to look old, but must be newly built, and approved by the NEW HAMB. Seems the NEW HAMB is getting quite a selective memory.

2. Well said RJP.......Well said ,indeed.

3. Thomas K.

Thomas K.

I agree also, well said.

4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

That is an extremely rare prototype for the world renowned R J COBB chassis. Just by looking at it, it can easily be recognized as a prime example of a COBB JOB!!!

5. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

I don't have any wisdom for ya, but a what if photo, ya know, for the effort. Good luck with the project.

Attached Files:

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Give it hell and rebuild it! I've seen way worse, under cars that were currently being driven. Theres no sins on there that cant be fixed.

thintin and Okie Pete like this.