Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for Mallory YC advance springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmygrrr, May 10, 2016.

1. Hello guys,

I just finished modifying an old Mallory YC to fit on my flathead. Had it fired up and dialed in and shortly later I lost an advance spring. It was one of the light (red/pink) ones. Guess I didn't get it all the way on and boy can you tell when they fall off! Guess it grenaded as I couldn't find it anywhere in the distributor case.

Any way, does anyone know if a source for these? Are they the same as the YL springs? Seems like everyone is out of stock of any type of Mallory.

Also what number is the light spring and what is the heavy one? They are listed as 26099 A-Z.

Thanks!
    -Jimmy

[​IMG]

2. Anybody know of the mopar advance springs work on these? I know they have a Mallory like design.

3. Did you check with Bubba's?

4. Sent him a message, but was wondering if anyone else on here knows anything about thaws guys. Ordered some of the Mopar ones in the meantime and will spin them on the machine and see how they work, assuming they will fit.

5. Danny G

Danny G

I have some spare springs but haven't noticed any color but let me know if the ones you ordered wont work and I will see what I got

6. Thanks Danny! I'll let you know how it goes with the Mopar springs.

7. Mopar springs were too light. No luck on here, but I was able to find a junk Mallory at the swapmeet to rob for parts. Still interested if anyone knows of a source for the springs? I would like be able to play with the curve of this thing, but seems like all the kits are now obsolete.

8. Matt Miller

Matt Miller

summit has them.

9. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Summit sells springs for their new Mallory distributors. That's what I used in my YC.
    Pertronics springs are also small and could work also.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    big duece likes this.