Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nobody has started one ...so ... what did you get done this weekend ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Jul 16, 2006.

1. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

We did a whole block garbage sale on Saturday. Got rid of some crap, made some coin, and free'd up some space in the shop.

It was too friggin hot to work here also. The heat and I do NOT get along.

2. I picked up some Grease and grabbed my wheel bearings and started packing them full of grease... I assembled my hubs and rotors sitting in a comfy chair.

Then i sat on my little roller stool and I swapped out the old drums for the vintage JFZ set up...!

[​IMG]

Vicoden was working pretty good as long as I didn't test it with any lifting...!;)

So I installed a custom bracket that holds my $12 Mr Gasket Econo shifter to the transmission and it works perfect!!! The bracket was designed by myself and a friend and the actual bracket was whittled out by my friends 16 year old son who's turning out to be quite a master machinist...!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Then I drilled a couple of holes and mounted the trunk hinges and rear License plate bracket/light.

[​IMG]

3. Well.....up to this point, this is what I was starting with. The cab is sitting on top of the chassis. First, ditched the bumper. Then cut the rear cab mounts off. MUCH BETTER!!!!!

Here's before...

[​IMG]

The cab needs to sit where the rear mount is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Worked OT Sat. 7-12 AM (first OT in 6 years), pulled the plugs out of the CB750 (my only transportation since my daily cracked it's head) studied for my online Meteorology class final exam until 7 and saw "The Notorious Betty Page" at the old Beach theater.

Sunday, studied some more, and took the final online at 3 pm. got a 72, good for a final grade of "B", I got an "A" in my other class, Math. The "A" means I can skip the Math portion of the CLAST test, the exit test for this degree. the next and last semester (for me) begins Aug 21. 2 more classes and half the CLAST and I'm done.

BBQed up some chicken for dinner and watched Forrest Gump on TBS. I'm getting over a cold, so I skipped the self-congratulatory Jameson.

I leave for MN on Thursday. They're crying 'cuz It's 100 degrees, 60% humidity, up there, which is almost the same as our 90 degrees, with only 80% humidity we get every day from June until until mid-September. Whining pussies!:D

How does this relate? 17 weeks after I start the next semester, I finish and all my obligations to myself (and others, living and dead) to finish school are done and I can finish up the '46 with a clear conscience.

5. bcarlson

bcarlson

I got more of the floor patched in, and filled a few holes, antenna, and on the firewall. Fabricated a couple of braces to replace the stock ones that rusted away... but mostly just sweated! Thank God we put in central air last weekend!!

Ben

6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Did a LOT even in this heat! Since the Fourth, I've been color sanding the 61 Dodge, and finished the first compounding this weekend. Been doing it outside, in the nice hot sun, so I can use the garden hose for wet sanding. I've felt like puking, every day, for 2 weeks, now.
    Did the buffing inside, before it got too ungodly hot.
    Also finished painting my shop logo on the door of the F-1. Masked, and airbrushed the lettering, and pinstriped around the items in the crest so they stood out more, then clearcoated it, and even striped around the outside of it, as the clear reaaly dired fast in the 95+ temps.
    Showed my GF's grandson (11 years old) how to stripe, and even let him pull a few lines on the logo. He did very well!
    Did my first practice panel learning how to do realistic flames (OT, I know).

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Drove 180 miles to Dayton and picked up the 48 Chevy SD from Vance. Home no sweat but fried my left side out the window. Look like Close Encounters when they first swing into town at the railroad crossing.

Spent Saturday eve cleaning everything out of the 48 (lots o parts and stuff)

Sunday we had River Raisin Festival. Didn't take the 54 Bel Air like I wanted but looked at the few that did make it. Disappointment. Down about 50% from previous years. Talked to a guy with an AD truck, sweet. Got ideas for that project.

Burned the rest of me evenly!

8. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

saturday,me and about 50 other church members,gave out free cold water at two busy intersections around our area.total count was 4000 bottles.it was really neet to see the look on the people's faces.

took a nap,and cooled off,then went to the street meet with my wife in my 39 sedan.

boy it was hot here also.

-danny

9. Foul

Foul

made some room in the garage. sweated my balls off. mocked up the frame and running gear. sweated my balls off. picked up the body. sweated my balls off.
    dan

10. improbcat

improbcat

Been trying to figure out why the C4 I just put in the Comet isn't working , So Sat I planned to just pull it, so I could mess with it later. Ended up pulling the trans, taking it apart, fixing a bad kickdown lever (not the source of the problem but still busted) checking over eveything and re-installing it. 6.5 hours after I started I fired her up again with the rearend off the ground and the wheels actually turned when I put her in gear.

...for about two minutes. Now everything is back to acting like neutral. This is exactly what happened on the first install. Trans works fine for a few minutes, then from then on hot or cold all gears are neutral. I'm getting pissed as this problem has had her laid up for the last two weeks, and I haven't driven her since May. I've missed the Rumblers show, the show in Hudson MA, and a local Mercury/Lincoln/Edsel show.

11. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Saturday - Sold my Delivery... FINALLY! Thanks Danimal. This gives me more space to work on my coupe and more importantly, MONEY to spend on the coupe!

Sunday - Spent the afternoon laying beneeth the wifes Honda, (I know, get off my kool-aid) cussing rusted bolts and metric tools. Thanks God for air chisels and die grinders!

Vance

12. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

It was hotter than hades here too but I did manange to get the JAMCO
    4 in dropped springs and 3 dropped coils into my shoebox rag top. It really
    bought the car down and the I have to say the quality of the parts is excellent. Can't wait to see how it rides/handles. No joy ride as all the wiring
    and dash are out of the car for a rewire. I know I could have used blocks
    to drop the back but one spring was shot and sagging and I really do want
    to put some comfy miles on this car when done. I'm on vacation this week and guess I really am a motor head cause all I really wanted to do was stay home and work on the car. Alas, good sense took me to the beach house with the girls so I can maintain my good dad status. Altough I may take a ride one night and look for some local cruise in to satify my inner gearhead
    habbit.
    Rod

13. Helped bgbdlinc chop his 46 Lincoln Club coupe with afew other fine HAMBers on Sat. Great time!! :)

Attached Files:

14. Beemer

Beemer

I drug home a '51 International PU to build for my girlfriend. I may be pulling my hair out over more than just mechanical details on this one...

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Put a T-bird wrap around back seat in my '54 Chevy, looks damn good.

16. Hot as hell here too...sucked it up and spent 14 hours in the shop installing a Gambino Kustoms notch kit on my friend's '54 Chevy. The time saved by using this kit vs. fabbing one is easily worth the money spent...the fit was perfect. All said and done...cutting out the trunk, installing the notch, welding the tower, installing the bags, tank, and switches...took about two days. I have another one to do on my car and don't even think it'll take that long.

Bryan

17. Mojo

Mojo

Went to Pomona swap meet sunday. Wasn't as hot as I thought it would be, I think it was 97, but overcast. Cars there were serious over priced, it was insane. I don't think anyone actually wanted to sell. Some nice cars there, had a good time.

18. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Moved all week, everything in my business to my house temporarily, idiots I leased from wait until JULY when its 100 degrees and 100% humidity to decide they are leveling my old building and replacing it with some new 5 story thing. Now I get to try to find another place to buy or rent, and there is hardly anything left because of stupid Katrina....

19. 8769

from kennesaw

removed the floor out of the model a. got the body ready to be removed from the Frame. Body should be a the blaster later this week.

Troy

20. SHOE-BOX-JOE

SHOE-BOX-JOE

Well bearing the scorthing heat in LBC, CA this weekend. I cleaned out my garage to make room for my new 51 comin in from Austin thank to Krupanut. When she gets here I have to pull here turbo 400 tranny trouble shoot it and slap it back in. then fix here window guide on driverside then pull her bumpers set up the rear to run new exhaust out of the back of em. anyone got any good ideas. see the pic of the rearend and give me some feedback. im thinking about drillin' holes then letting the tips come out the holes. when this gets done they will be sent out for chrome.

[​IMG]

soo her she be. give me some ideas. ohh yeah i also fixxed my sprinklers in my yard. lol

21. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

I had my first shave this weekend. Door handle, that is. From empty hole to tacked-in patch panel to finish welded, ground, mudded and etching primered in a few hours. Not that impressive, I know, but it was a first for me.

SHOE-BOX-JOE likes this.
  22. 40mopar

40mopar
    from Nashvegas

I've been cleaning my garage for what seems to be a month now. I've just about got everything off of the floor, and I'm getting ready to throw down some epoxy.

23. RacerRick

RacerRick

Braced the 49 fleetline body and did lots of measuring. Still need to pull the doors. Its pretty much ready to come off after I start chopping the floor out of her. She's rusty as all hell.

The S10 has been cut down to just a firewall, rockers, and rusty floors. Doh. If the hoists in the shop were not tied up all weekend by some guys I would already have the 49 body at least sitting on the S10 chassis.

24. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Made some door panels out of automotive hardboard and some cheap vinyl, painted the door Allis Chalmers rattle can orange and screwed them on, One door done one to go. Too hot now to work out there.....

Attached Files:

25. blue_oval23

blue_oval23

I went and picked up a parts truck so i can chop my 40 chevy.:D

26. olddaddy

olddaddy

I'm working on a 50 model Plymouth wagon. I made up a pair of lowered uprights for the front and lowering blocks for the rear. I dropped it 3" up front and 2" at the rear. I also made up the tie rod adapters to install rack and pinion steering. I'll post some pics when I get it back on the tires.
    Hot here too, high 90s no rain, but better than a hurricane.

27. spudsmania9

spudsmania9
    from Arkansas

I welded the last piece of steel into my truck floor. No Mo Holes.

Also repaired (hopefully) the third!! intake (jet) valve on cylinder $#4 on my kid's {OT} honda CRX

28. NoSurf

NoSurf

It was a little warm here also, 103* it said. I got out to the shop both days at 5am and with the shade tree I can go until about 3pm when it just gets unbearable. Even the pool water is all grossly warm.

I got the rearend and torque tube all put together, painted and installed. Bent up new brake lines for the rear. Got the front wishbone mount bolted in. Master cylinder rebuilt and in. Throttle pedal installed. And I slapped in the '39 ford tailights. Also finally got a stubborn broken hinge pin out, after putting a few drops of vinegar on it for a month and a little heat it came out nicely.

29. cooljerk

cooljerk

put about 200 miles on my newly-radialed '50 crestliner since fri...cruising almost as nicely as my caddy. been hotter n hell and my flathead only hit 220 at highway speed...been 190 cruising around town.
    i am one happy camper...

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Got my motor all nice and degreased. It only took 7 hours in the hot baking sun (100 degrees) but will all be well worth it in the end! Why does it always seem like when I'm in a press to get something done the temperature skyrockets? Check out my truck here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76258&&showall=1

Hopefully in a couple more weekends I can write what a nice ride I had in my truck on this thread!