Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hydramatic Transmission Video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, May 18, 2017.

1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

So there are Hydramatics with the Chevy bolt pattern?

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^Only came in Chevrolet trucks, not cars^^^. As far as Groucho's question, there were no early Hydro's that had cables, they were all mechanical linkage. Sounds like someone may have "made" their own setup if it has a cable.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I remember about running the slant pan hydro behind a SBC was you did not use the powerglide hole on the bottom of the carb linkage that moved forward. You drilled another hole about 1/2” below the foot feed link so that the link going down to the trans for throttle pressure went in the same direction as the foot feed one did. jnaki should remember this on his C&O as I had one too.

Blues4U likes this.
  4. The lever on the side of transmission that controls throttle pressure moves forward (towards the engine) as the gas pedal is depressed.
    It's spring loaded and should return to its 'rest' position.

5. You could make some side dollars rebuilding flat pan and slant pan hydros...

6. Yeah, except that was 53 years ago....I'm a little fuzzy on the fine points.

Beanscoot, warbird1 and Speedy Canuck like this.