Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Off Brand Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Definitely the look I was after but it is a mild mannered street driven gasser cartoon. Bought the car in '64 from grandson of original owner for $75 and was crazy about all Willys gassers as a high school student. Bought the 331 hemi from another classmate for $25, got the '54 Hydramatic from another one for free, '56 Olds rear end from a junkyard car and started a life-long odyssey to build my gasser. Finally got it on the road in this condition in '95. Been my daily driver off and on ever since. Due for a complete tear-down and rebuild!!

blowby, cfmvw and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. bchctybob

bchctybob

Like Southcross, I’ve had a “thing” for British cars with American power. I’ve had an Austin Healey, MGB and a Jag Mk II saloon all Chevy powered. Here’s the latest....... image0.jpeg IMG_2579.jpg

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

4. [​IMG]
    1951 Kaiser Manhatten Custom

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

6. Love the responses guys. Keep them coming. And if the mods are reading this feel free to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude likes this.
  7. OK I'll play.
    Not mine but I would drive it in a heart beat!
    From the web
    001-nickey-1955-nash-gasser-front-three-quarter-alt-1-lpr.jpg

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

9. bchctybob

bchctybob

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. 47 Davis, super cool.:cool::cool: JW
    [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]37 Pontiac. JW

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  12. Carson style tops were built by many upholsters, Hall, Carson, Chavez, Martenez, Tipton and others. If it was a padded and filled lift off top it was called a "Carson Top". The slang for body mods was different by different parts of the country even cities, and neighborhoods, Where I grew up in the 50's, in So Cal, Shaved, Filled, Nosed and Decked, Leaded in, filled in, were common terms, just depended on where you were.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    stanlow69 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

I feel if your building a custom car and think this would be custom when all things come together and flow. This is a great example.

stanlow69 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I would love to have a '37-39 Plymouth pickup. Here's a couple I found on the web.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]