Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Turn signal switch interchange...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigalturk1, Apr 17, 2016.

1. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I have a Flaming River steering column in my 41' Willys, they sell a replacement for the switch but I was wondering if a local parts store sells that same switch under a different part number... So I can have my car back on the road quicker & cheaper....
    (Oh yea, my switch was "Butchered" by the previous owner).

No Column shift (Or indicator)
    No Column Key switch...
    Yes, it's a tilt column
    I'm asking because I was told (At a Car Cruise) that it's the same switch that is used on 1972-78' Chevy pickups & Vans.
    . Elky & Willys.JPG Thanks in advance.

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Flaming River uses an AC Delco style switch. Ask for a mid 70's GM car with a tilt wheel at your favorite part's store or when shopping online.

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I read your other post in regards to your Willy's and the turn signal switch. If you don't find the issue of where your power feed from your head lamp switch that feeds your signals and brake switch they're still not going to work unless your head lamp switch is on.

4. Derelick

Derelick
    from So Cal

I was looking for help and found this post, needed to change out my turn signal switch on my Flaming River column that had a short in it.
    This is what worked for me, cost was about $42 from auto zone. Look for a Turn Signal Switch For 67-72 Chevrolet C10 Pickup 1969-1972.
    Standard Motor Products · Turn Signal TW24

5. Try calling the manufacturer......I did with an ididit turn signal switch and they sent me a new one gratus.....

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  6. they should be warranteed

7. there should be a serial number on it

8. Derelick

Derelick
    from So Cal

I have had this 1951 Chevy panel truck for a short time, I was told it was a ididit column, the build is about 15-18 years old, no serial number that I could find, out of any warranty. I called Ididit tect team and they very helpful would have sent the turn single switch part for free but the steering column turned out to be a Flaming River column. So with a little internet search I found it at the auto parts store.