Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Large auction of cars, engines, and parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j-jock, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Auction of all manner of interesting stuff, from fairly complete cars (30s-60s), engines from flathead to 455 ci, and other pieces, such as a Muncie 4 speed, 40 Ford grille, hoods, and other odds and ends.
    I would love to live close enough to bid on some of the stuff.
    One Chevy 409/425 that I would love to get my hands on.
    Bob

Absolute Auctions & Realty, Inc.
    P.O. Box 1739
    Pleasant Valley, NY 12569
    (800) 243-0061 or (845) 635-3169

AARAuctions.com
    Fax:
    845-635-5140
    EMAIL: [email protected]
    https://aarauctions.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=4093&page=11&perPage=20&orderBy=

Max Gearhead and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Wow...lots of stuff there...thanks for posting !

3. Jokester

Jokester

Did I read that right??? The address will be given after the auction is over? I hope it's on this planet.

.bjb

4. I am too far away, but if I was interested in anything, I would give them a call.
    Bob

5. Looks like they had a habit of buying up other peoples unfinished half dismantled projects. Still nice projects though.

6. clem

clem

is it an online auction perhaps ? Address given later for security reasons, and then pickup ?

7. Page 1 says Ringoes, NJ. Lots of great stuff there none of which I have room for. That 61 Pontiac will go high by the 17th:rolleyes:

8. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

The pick up times will make the whole thing a nightmare. For example,, must be picked up at 1245 on the 25th no other times are available. Only single car trailers allowed. What happens if you win multiple items?

9. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Well I'll be dbl-dipped!!!! The property is near Ringoes, not in it. I get why the pickup limitations. He's not being an ass. That place belongs (belonged) to a friend of mine, named Jack. Haven't spoke to him in years. He was a very good auto/boat upholster (retired, sold business due to the business location had become a very dangerous & miserably shitty area. Not his house/shop area.), he loved saving cars, esp from the local junkyards, most of which were driven into the yard(s) years ago just because they weren't "new"/"in fashion"/etc. & a lot of them ran/drove w/new gas n battery. He saved what he could over the years as those yards now do not exist anymore. He'd sell the cars/trucks for a few hundred over his cost, both to get them into new owners' hands, & also to make a few bucks - in an (eventually futile)attempt to keep up w/the overwhelmingly increasing taxes that New Jersey kept imposing. ~ 20 years ago, he was thinking(worrying) that taxes would drive him out of his property. Which was one of the most beautiful hidden gems I've ever seen. House was very nice, the "garage" was unbelievable in size & how/what he had filled it with & the layout was very well thought-out. Another couple of sheds held the overflow & stuff that wasn't in the best of condition although worth saving. Had his own private pond. Everything was hidden by trees n shrubs, so nothing could be seen from the road, & little from the air. IIRC, you couldn't hear the traffic from the road either. Which had become almost virtually suicide to use, when you wanted to pull out of the driveway. I almost got to find out the hard way, even w/his help. NJ drivers are actually criminally insane. His driveway is at the bottom inside of a long " U ", so you can't see what - if anything - is coming. & he has a gate by the road, + curved hiway rails that run parallel w/his driveway, such that you need to be careful going thru them, esp w/a trailer. Found out it's best to enter & exit driveway from the far lane if you're using a trailer. This means that you have to seriously worry about getting rearended if entering, & getting t-boned if you are leaving. Had a friend go up the road aways to watch for traffic when I entered, & exited. W/o doing that, we'd've been hit very hard. Very exciting moments. :D ! These braindead NJ f'k'n fools roll thru @ 90mph on a ~55 road, which is marked as a blind curve w/driveway. Doesn't matter to them. Wasn't always this way - when he built the place, traffic was minimal, but as more folks were willing to drive from there into NY, & NYC, (I mean, WTF? Really?) things got exponentially worse. Same deal for all the condos that were builtup causing the "valuations" to go insane, resulting in many multi-generational farms & homesteads to be lost because of the crushing load of taxes. For the guys wondering about dbl-length car trailers: unless he's created another driveway, I don't think it'd work well, be difficult at best. The road is only a 2-lane w/minimal shoulders, iirc. The driveway was a tight 1-lane width. He brought in all the cars w/a wrecker (1 of which is for sale). I was surprised at the descriptions of some of the hoods, doors n cars, as Jack knew his stuff well. Wonder if he's ok? Hope so, as he was a cool guy to deal with, bent over backwards to help do a fair deal. Honest, too. He'd tell you what was right, & wrong, w/something if he knew. I bought a '48 Chrysler Windsor Convet, a '55 Stude Speedster, + a couple of engines, & a singleaxle trailer from him. If I didn't have projects running out my ears, I'd happily buy a couple of the Studes from him again. And see the property one more time. I wish I could teletransport the whole property to a new location, as it's damn-near perfect - except for existing in NJ. I hope the auction does him well financially.
    Marcus...

10. hudson48

hudson48

The 54 Kaiser complete with all the chrome trim would make a great start on a custom even as a 4 door.

11. baraboyz

baraboyz

You are right! Where do you buy the cars? Did you hear about auctions? Not so much time ago, I found an auction https://www.repossessed-autos.eu/ where I can win alone the cars and I don't need to be a car dealership to make this. There, I can buy the cars at the lowest prices than on the market. I sold my car and bought another, my favorite 54 Kaiser. It was my favorite car for years and I didn't have money to buy it, when I noticed it on this auction, I put the price which I could afford to buy it. And I won it. Now I am the happiest man in the world.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021