Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I may have....................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jul 27, 2020.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

Nice of you to say, thanks.

2. 34Larry

34Larry

Concerning your avitar: If those shorts get any shorter, there's gonna be another place to power, and another place to shave, (if she isn't already).

3. 34Larry

34Larry

Well..............at long last I have accomplished the goal of fixing the higher RPM miss that I said I would find and fix way last April.
    All loose ends tied up and out this morning and the miss is no longer there, I can say for certain it was the coil. Ran it down I-5 at 55 mph for a couple of miles, ran it up to 4500 RPM in first many times and all went well with the Hemi. The coil is a MSD chrome to match the rest of the mill, mounted horizontally on the passengers side of the firewall and as I have said is now part of the MSD family ignition system.
    Mission accomplished, only to have another major issue crop up, one which I solved and fixed the summer of 18, I thought.
    B&M hydro slipping badly in 3rd and reverse is toast, slipping and then grabbing suddenly .
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    I'm done I'v had it with this car. This will go on the market ASAP. Now deciding to fix or sell as is. Also deciding what to ask, I can't post it here because according to HAMB rules the IFS/IRS is non-traditional

I sold my award winning '66 Rivira GS, deep red metallic burgundy, 425, dual factory four barrels, true spokes, mint interior, wider tires, to complete this 34 and it is for sale again for the same money I sold it for. 425 was gone through by new owner, I on my way to see if it is as perfect now as it was when I sold it to him and if it is it will be back in my garage shop ASAP.
    This will more than likely end my sometimes tenuous relation ship with the HAMB with the riv being a '66 and no 34. Been a good one, lots of help here for me and love the cars you all are driving.
    IF this happens, stay safe all.

4. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Hey !. You don't have to go. Just leark like the rest of us... LOL

5. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

6. 34Larry

34Larry

IT IS a B&M 727 torque flite, they are one in the same.

7. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

I've always thought a hydromatic was totally different from a torquflight, even if they were both modified by B&M? Just curious...

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app