Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Poll: * Street racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Jul 28, 2020.

?

(current day) street racing is ...

Poll closed Aug 4, 2020.
  1. Cool

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Not cool

71 vote(s)
    91.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It can happen. But I have a criteria, a strict set of rules.
    I don't race stupids. Teenagers and Millenials are automatically stupid. And inkahol and gasaloon do not mix.
    I don't race on roads unknown to me. There could be a school crossing 100 yards down the way.
    The posted speed +20 is good enough to determine any joust from strangers in the next lane.
    Not every challenge has to be met. "Boy, I eat chickens bigger 'n' you for breakfast."
    Conditions have to be just right. If the Woolybear caterpillars have an even number of stripes in my tomato patch, and Mars is in the Seventh House of Aquarius, and the creek ain't high, then it's game on.

Hnstray and 427 sleeper like this.
  2. badvolvo

badvolvo

Define street racing.
    Are you talking about punk kids crashing mustangs and hondas or the current trend of organized street racing events? I think it's pretty cool we can convince a city to shut down a street and host an event. Leave your traditional rods at home, they are not going to keep up with the tow vehicles. pretty cool to see them try to get a 3000 hp promod type car down a normal street.

3. My earlier comment was just a prediction of the results. I did however vote no.:( Hot Rods to me is trying to go faster with a lean towards reliable. I enjoy customs also but for different reasons. I still enjoy watching two cars blast from a traffic light and might indulge in a few myself. As far as being cool, I could care less. Cool is over rated and I’ll settle for happy.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Are you in this picture? :confused: From my 1961 scrapbook. Bob DSCF9864.JPG

alanp561 likes this.
  5. ... about street racing.

6. tbirddragracer

tbirddragracer

Sometimes very tempting, but never give in. Track only.

kidcampbell71 and Gman0046 like this.
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

See how stupid this thread is? That's why you don't talk about street racing on the internet.

210superair, bowie, Joe Blow and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.