Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dodge Chrysler Plymouth DeSoto 23"/25" performance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6inarow, Jul 24, 2020.

1. 6inarow

6inarow

Wondering where the good stuff for these engines are. I know Langdon makes headers and dizzys for the 23" What about heads and intakes and the rest of the stuff?

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I guess there’s nothing out there for these old boat anchors. Haha!

6inarow likes this.
  3. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Not so fast, "buster".
    Here are some videos of Chyrsler Flathead 6s on the hiperf side.
    And yes there are the usual stuff avaiable, multi carb intakes, headers and split exhaust, custom.cam grinds from mild to wild and ignition upgrades.

6inarow likes this.
  4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

just hoping to get a rise outa the Mopar guys! I’m running a stock 1959 230 in my single seater so I can’t show anyone speedparts.

6inarow and Flat Six Fix like this.

5. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. There a few places to find speed parts for these. My avitar shows my 235 chevy with Clifford dual intake with 2 bbl Weber carbs. They also make & offer speed parts for the old flathead Mopars. Intakes, exhausts, cams, etc.
    Jack Clifford' Performance Products inc. - Headers Intakes Cams For Inline Six Cylinder Engines, Inl
    I have a 50 Plymouth with stock 23" flathead and it runs great and goes down the Hwy at 65 with no problems. One of these days I likely will get dual intake & exhaust but right now I have other things to spend my money on.
    Also there is a shop I believe in Montana called Edgy speed shop or EDGY Automotive or similar and they manufacture various speed components for the old Mopar flatheads. They build up cars for running for land speed records at Bonneville. I cannot find my link for them this morning but a quick Google search should turn up their info. Also the items they make are VERY expensive. Cliffords stuff ain't cheap either.
    Jimmie

6inarow and Flat Six Fix like this.
  6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Edgy Edgerton makes speed parts like reground cams and lifters, also finned aluminum high compression heads and even an OHV head.http://www.moparmontana.com/

6inarow likes this.
  7. hkestes

hkestes

The Montana Dodge Boys aka Mopar Montana bought out Edgy Speed Shop. They have since gone out of production on the Heads, Intakes and other parts.

6inarow likes this.
  8. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

1B6244A5-66D0-4A46-BC86-5F674AD6A76C.jpeg My 218 is bored .040 with offy intake/dual weber carbs/edgy head/Fenton split exhaust manifolds/electric fuel pumps/dual exhaust/3 speed trans with electric overdrive
    Runs good