Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Glory days pics 2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Looks like a wet Sunday...:(

2. ahshoe

ahshoe

Just curious ,how big is the swap meet?

3. Had the car hopped up for the first pass. Blew the tires off by the tree. Second pass 8.13 mag moved during the run. Third pass 7.9 mag moved again on the base. I will be ordering a set of handcuffs monday to hold it in place. videos are on my face book. Looked cool late in the day shooting flames.

4. The swap meet was down a little but the parts that showed up were killer. There was a complete max wedge setup. I saw two sets of mag spindle mounts. There was a rare enderle barn door injector. A 57 chevy gasser with mag bear paws on it. Two altereds. Saw a brand new in the box set of 426 heads. A guy I saw bought a 392 complete. It wasn't the size but the quality of the parts. No beanie babies.

5. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I took a video of one of your Saturday passes , I’ll post it here if I can figure out how to do it. Your car and the blown 62 Vette were my son’s favorite to watch.

racer-x likes this.
  6. Where are you on FB?

7. A Boner

A Boner

Tim, Post on YouTube and hot link here!
    Anxiously waiting!

8. I dont know how all the Facebook stuff works. I'm new to it. Paul brown posted it on my site or tagged me or something it just ended up there.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  9. This 66 was parked near the swap meet. It Aztec bronze also known as paint code MM. I have my 66 from high school that was originally this color. Mine was repainted blue. When I redo the car I'm not sure what I will do. It was always blue for me yet that mm paint looks good and it would be correct. Maybe I will let my wife decide I could go either way. Both cars shown his and mine. 20200718_104623.jpg 20181014_160329.jpg

Jalopy Joker and Runnin shine like this.
  10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Brian I have a facebook page. But everytime I put something on it never gets posted. ? Guess it ain't nasty enough. LOL.

racer-x likes this.
  11. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a tuff call on color, they're both Bad Ass ride's! :cool:

racer-x and Runnin shine like this.
  12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Ah, my favorite year Chevelle. Yeah tough call, both colors are excellent.

racer-x likes this.
  13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Sometimes you have to let the wife decide. :p:D

racer-x and 427 sleeper like this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I’ve seen your car Brian and I’ll put my two cents in on this one I like the marina blue but every Chevelle I have seen in the last two months has been that color I vote for the bronze color and with those polished slot mags it will be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

racer-x and 0NE BAD 51 MERC like this.
  15. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Admittedly I’m not a good videographer, But your coupe was too fast for me to video sitting at the 1/8 mile mark.

let’s see if I posted it correctly.

16. One side of me says put it back the way it was originally. The other side my wife included says the blue is the way it always was for us. I know the world has enough restored chevelles and doesn't need another. The sentimental side says blue. I can see how this is going to end. The choice wont be final until the paint is in th e gun.

0NE BAD 51 MERC and 427 sleeper like this.
  17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Loved the white Tempest. Thanx for all the pix.

Zettle Bros. and Runnin shine like this.
  18. Thanks for the video. You can really hear it when the timing changes. Just goes flat.

19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I agree with Jackson Brian . I always love that blue , but blue 66 Chevelle's are like red 68 Camaro's everybody has had one and I am a Ford/ Mercury guy. I would post a picture ,but a red 68 ,427, pro street, centerline wheeled car would not last long on here. lol But I also love vinyl tops on my muscle car era rides, so bronze with a black top for me. Its cool you still have your high school car. A buddy wrapped mine around a pole! That was back in 73. Oh well at least he is still around. Larry

20. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SOOOO true! I can relate to everything you just said...

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  21. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Brian,
    I labored for quite a while trying to decide if I should keep the Cyclone in its factory red color or a color that would look just as good but not like ever other Comet. I hated the black interior and vowed to never have a black interior ever again. I found a blood red color for the interior and decided to paint the car a very fine metallic silver. I have zero regrets, every time I walk into the shop and turn on the lights I think to myself it was the best decision ever. My vote is keep the blue, but it’s your car. ( do you miss the orange on the coupe? Or is the green your favorite?)
    Jim

racer-x, Runnin shine and 427 sleeper like this.
  22. 354valiant

354valiant
    from Illinois

I just want to Thank Randy, BJ, Rhonda & the entire Byron Dragway Crew for their hard work & effort to put on the Glory Dayz! My Famliy & Dad had a Great time Racing/Watching... Very lucky to be a part of the event & the Byron Dragway Family! By far one of The Best Dragstrips for family/friends! And for that I Thank You! 0719201225a.jpeg 0716201650a_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app