Register now to get rid of these ads!

Felony in Texas...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32chevysedan, Jul 14, 2006.

1. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

Have any of you guys ever heard of doing a burnout being a felony. We had a officer tell us that this law has just been passed and I was wondering if any one else has heard of anything like this. You used to just get a "expedition of acceleration" ticket and be on your way. If there is a law please let me know where to find what it states. Thanks................

2. Anderson

Anderson

first I've heard of it...

sounds like bullshit.

3. jetmek

jetmek

wouldnt suprise me any from a state that will arrest you for drinking in a bar

4. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

I tiketed once doing a hellasious burnout and they called it an exhibition of speed.

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Ask D.W. He got popped at the Round-up. I think he was blowing smoke, no pun intended, however, the city of Austin has passed local ordinances that allow siezure of your car to be sold at auction if you are caught street racing.

6. fatflatty

fatflatty

not a felony in texas, if they tag you with reckless driving (which is still a misdemeanor) it will go on your driving record. i have issued paper for exhibition of accelleration to stupid asses who fuck around in school zones.

7. It can be in Illinois. I was threated with it one night. The cop "only" gave me a ticket for illegal tire spinning. I could not help but ask him to define legal tire spinning so he wouldn't have to spend time on me again.

8. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

Ive heard this also, I didnt know if it was true or just trying to scare the guys into acting properly and not street racing. This dosent bother me, thats why we have a dragstrip is to race but the burnouts, thats another issue........

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

I've had a ticket for excessive excelleration which was a municipal charge and i also had an unsafe speed i beleive they called it and that landed me in jail and my truck impounded but was still a misdemeanor. I don't believe its a felony unless they say like it was used as a weapon or something and that is still shady. Many cities have passed ordinances on street racing because of all the accidents and deaths but that has nothing to do with burnouts

Big Tony

10. Gunny

Gunny

i hope you gave him the finger on the way out and did another burnout and got a good second and third scratch.....whata dick!...:D

11. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

here you get caught racing and your car goes straight to the crusher

12. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

In Norcal the "sideshow" (Dipshits spinning donuts in occupied intersections) got so bad they made it an arrestable offense with a 30 day impound on your vehicle....which translates to about $2500 with the tow and storage fee.

A burn out though is still just an unsafe start though unless you get a real A hole...

13. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

And with cars costing as much as they can/do, they wonder why people run??? If I knew my car was headed to the crusher, I would find out if you really can't outrun Motorloa.

14. naki kid

naki kid

15. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

....I think someone was pulling your chain on that one....it's still just a petty offense (traffic ticket) in Illinois

16. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

A Burn Out In California Is Written As "exhibition Of Speed" ... But When Ya Go To Court, They Have Stepped It Up To " Engaged In Speed Contest "... Which Translates To "drag Racing".... Which Gives You 2 Points On Yer Driveing Record ...

"thank You Bakersfeild Chp"

But On The Other Note, Thanks To All The Lil Fucks In The Fast & The Furious Rice Burners, You Can Have Your Rod Siezed From You And Sold Or Crushed... For "exhibition Or Speed" Or "drag Racing"

17. Hmmm. Burnout a felony in a state with a three-time-loser law.

Bubba: "Nice tatoos, Sweetcheeks. Whatcha in for, lifer?"
    Hot Rod Dude: "Er.. My foot slipped off the clutch?"

18. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

We need more input! I know they changed the drag racing charge to a felony with seizure of your vehicle but, I haven't heard anything about burnouts. It wouldn't surprise me though.

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Felony burnouts=bullshit. If you buy into that I guess you won't do it, huh? How old are you? what are you driving? As far as I'm concerned anyone that acts the fool in any hot rod without thinking needs to get fucked over somewhat. As far as confiscating cars, sending them to "the crusher", and the like, it's been made law in Wayne County, MI. This is the same county where the zoning officials ordered "No new dragstrips to be built in Wayne County." One of the fuckin idiots was quoted stating his reasons as "...we already have a street racing problem here, we aren't going to add to it." Exactly the same as saying 'I don't want any water...I'm already thirsty'.

To all you yungns and wannabe hot rodders, you need to pick yer spots and always consider the bystanders. It's their safety you're responsible for when you engage in this shit. If you race someone on a motorcycle with your car, and he dies in a resulting crash, whether you hit him or not or TOTALLY his fault, you go to prison for vehicular manslaughter. Knowing how the fucks that ended up in charge can spin things will help one make good choices.

I do however refuse to wear my seatbelt in bad weather. If the asshole feels the need to write me in a bad rain storm or a fuckin blizzard, I'll gladly pay. I guess I hardly use the things at all. I don't like being FORCED to protect myself. And I equally don't like some fuck head looking in my car at a red light to see if I'm wearing it, just to gain income for the fuckin city.

Dammit these subjects really chap my ass.

20. Here's my idea. Listen up, state legislators.

Burn outs should be high crimes......if it's the front tires smoking.

BTW, theHIGHLANDER, I am just joking. Couldn't agree with you more.

21. 8769

from kennesaw

not all cops are honest. gasp for breath I know. It was probably just his "perfect world" scenario. I've had cops tell me all sorts of things. the only thing that matters is what the judge says.

That being said... Do a burnout through a school crossing sure you probably will end up in jail with some sort of felony being charged.

22. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

This should have stopped right here...

Question answered.

23. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I gotta tell ya..some of you guys really crack me up...you're talking about being broke all the time but you can burn 20-30 bucks worth of rubber off your tires and get pissed when someone objects....Man, you young guys got a lot to learn. You do know, and if you don't you should, you are not impressing anyone but yourself. I have a teen on my street that can turn the tires on his little Dawio, so hell, as far as i'm concerned, it should be a capitol crime, especially if there are people around. You would really think different if you had seen what I saw years back when a youngster was tryin' to big a big shot. The girl he hit when he slid sideways lost her leg. If you feel like you gotta burn your tires, damn, go someplace where there is no one around. Daahhhh!

24. ratrodford

ratrodford

50,000 kids ride buses twice a day without a seatbelt....................

25. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

You got that right not all cops are honest. I know I have some friends that are cops and you would be surprised what they get away with.. There not called the brotherhood or boys club for nothing. They protect each other. I know one that will pull women over and try to make his move. He almost lost his job for that. I think he should of. He goes into the one bank and some one said it was there birthday. He said that he would his handcuffs on them and give them a birthday gift they would never forget He is in uniform when he does it. He is a real pig.

26. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

only 50,000? LOL But I get your point.

27. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

No one said anything about being broke, and the other thing is no one said anything about doing burnouts to impress anyone else. The reason the question was asked was to find out what could happen if your foot came off of the clutch and you get a little scratch. Even if you have a large stall and take off from a red light WITHOUT spinning your tires it is still called "exhibition of acceleration" when the engine revs up, and you can be ticketed for this, believe me I have had about 7 of these. As far as impressing anyone else, thats the purpose MOST people build cars, to show off what they have. I really wish you older guys would cut some slack to the younger generation, you always thinks that your right on everything and we are just dumb kids passing time in the parts store drawing a check. Not all of the older generation is this way, but about 90% of them are until you really get to know us. Not trying to offend anyone just stating a point, thanks for the answers though, you really helped me out.

28. Mutt

Mutt

29. 34underglas

34underglas

I have a good buddy in Law Enforcement here in town, lemme ask him tomorrow and I'll get back with ya. but it sounds like bullshit to me too.

Vance

30. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas