Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speed Week 2020 is on!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DemonTweaks, Jul 13, 2020.

1. DemonTweaks

DemonTweaks
    from T-Town, WA

And I will be there!
    After many years wanting to go it will finally happen this year! Would like tips and info where to be to see best action, what to wear for the climate (was told by a coworker to not wear shorts since the salt reflection will sunburn my balls!) Etc.

Any and all info is appreciated!
    And if anyone else is going would be cool to meet and say Hi.

2. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

You need a hat, with a brim- not a ball cap. I wore shorts and t- shirts and used a crap-ton of sunscreen and had no sunburn. Sunglasses are a must, I forgot mine at the campsite on the first day and couldn’t make the day without buying some from a vendor on the salt. Take a case of water with you, and drink a lot of it. There is no bad place to be when you are there, if you are reasonably mobile, do some walking and find out where you like it best. Absolutely the best auto sport venue that I have ever attended, go there and absorb it all!

MO_JUNK and DemonTweaks like this.
  3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

We are going to be there if I can get all the bugs out of the new to us motorhome!
    Camping at or near the bend.First time for us too.

Bones

DemonTweaks likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to go to the official SCTA site for more details - plus, print out a copy of the official Covid -19 waiver that all must sign before entering - also, search here for multiple threads on this subject.
    //www.scta-bni.org/bonneville.html

lurker mick and DemonTweaks like this.

5. I will be there picking up a car I bought in Jan it is in San Jose will driving route 50 across Nevada and then93 up to bonneville . My friend just got a big job and won't going with me . s-l16002.jpg Anybody want to ride along PM me.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    RMR&C and DemonTweaks like this.
  6. DemonTweaks

DemonTweaks
    from T-Town, WA

Those early 60s B-bodys are some of the coolest cars made!

7. First new car I ever owned 64 savoy 426 street wedge

DemonTweaks likes this.
  8. I went to resale store and bought a couple long sleeve white shirts. I could cover up but roll up sleeves.
    Large brim straw hat.
    I had khaki slacks with legs that zip off to make shorts
    Sunglasses plus those old granny style sunglasses that you can wear over your regular glasses.
    Kept a gallon of water in the car and a very large mug to carry with me.
    It can be hot and it will be very bright.

Phil

DemonTweaks likes this.
  9. 5window

5window

What's the LSR for a used motorhome? Not FIA sanctioned but something to shoot for: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    DemonTweaks likes this.
  10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I think mine governors out before that! But I have been known to run some odd stuff on a race track! Lol

Bones

5window likes this.