Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Best Swap Meets in Southeast?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheSteamDoc, Jul 11, 2020.

1. TheSteamDoc

TheSteamDoc

What's the best swap meets in the southeast? I'm really wanting a Caddy V8 and not having luck finding one. I'm sure a lot are cancelled this year. I know the biggest one that's nearby is the Turkey Run at Daytona International.

2. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

I’ve always enjoyed Moultrie, Georgia. It’s held at Spence field and is huge. Car coral is always in excess of 1000 cars. Been going since 2003 or so, found some great deals. Normally a 3 day event in November and again in February.

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Frog Follies Evansville, Indiana. Great swap meet.

4. Southeast?

chopped and Desoto291Hemi like this.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

56don, do you know where Evansville Indiana is? Obviously not. Its right across the Ohio River from Henderson, Kentucky which happens to be in the Southeast. Evansville, Indiana misses being in the Southeast by less then 1/4 mile. Thanks for pointing that out for us.

The Frog Follies swap meet is so good I thought I'd mention it. Its attended by many people who don't mind being just slightly out the Southeast.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  6. Gman,
    You are right,,,,but usually Indiana is listed as Mid West,,,,,I know it’s not,,,,,,but that is how the high ups make the designation .

Henderson Kentucky,,,,,,I have been there a couple of times,,,,,about 25years ago maybe .
    That is where I purchased my 426 Hemi ,,,,,a guy named Mike Zachary,,,,,he had a lot of Mopars at the time .
    Several hemis,,,,,several wing cars,,,,,a lot of everything,,,,,,,all Mopar !
    His dad had been a former dealer,,,,,and when they closed down and he had passed away,,,,they had accumulated quite a bit of inventory,,,,I guess from trade ins and such .
    Seems like his home was only a short distance from the old dealership building,,,,,and the front and back yards of his home was lined with vehicles,,,,,about thirty or so if I remember correctly.
    These weren’t junk cars,,,,,,he had keys to all of them in a cigar box,,,and they would all start and run,,,,,he had the titles too .

Tommy

7. So Evansville missed it by.......that much! tough.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  8. mercmaniac

mercmaniac

I have a garage full of old Hot Rod items in great shape ! 1952 Cadillac (331) engine complete that turns over in original condition with a very hard to find stick shift bell housing and clutch assembly with a 1937 Lasalle transmission (complete) Also have a hopped up Oldsmobile (1954) with 3 2’s , Mallory distributor, Offy valve covers, built 35 years ago and has not been run in 34 years with an adapter , clutch, and a ‘39 gearbox with NOS 26 tooth Lincoln gears.

Harbor Hotrods
    727-687-5251

TheSteamDoc likes this.
  9. TheSteamDoc

TheSteamDoc

I PM'd you.