Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Headlight mount cup?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by MikeG5211, Jul 9, 2020.

1. MikeG5211

MikeG5211

Not sure what you call these but I'm trying to figure out if I can replace them or if I'm gonna have to paint them or what. Thanks

0708201958_HDR.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Ball and socket / pedestal / stanchion / cup could be rechromed once separated, a couple of rivets that could be possibly drilled out to separate from headlamp body? However they are available from Vintique
    [​IMG]

3. alchemy

alchemy

Looks like you have King Bee or copies of them for the headlights. The top part in your circle is riveted to the headlight bucket. You could grind out the rivets, replate, then add new rivets.

The bottom part is just like posted by Stumpy. Remove the nut off the bottom and replace.

MikeG5211 likes this.
  4. I'd clean up the rusted parts and paint them black. They will disappear from sight and emphasize the shiny headlight buckets.

Phil

Maicobreako and MikeG5211 like this.

5. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

ditto phil,
    buddy worked for Matel, said the human eye is drawn to contrasts... the chrome bezel contrasts with the black bucket...
    I pieced together a '33 fiver from cast offs, was cut at the beltline crease, did my best, so did the body guy, never quite right, I bolted stainless A grab handles on the quarters, drove it for 18 years, not one person ever even mentioned the wavy seams, eyes drawn to the contrast between the handles and black body... HIH...

pprather likes this.
  6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Blast them and paint them , keep having fun

pprather likes this.