Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I screwed up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 3, 2020.

1. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with your "I still prefer to buy locally whenever possible" attitude. That is why I buy all my fluid products at my local independent auto parts store even though Wally World is cheaper. Same goes for most auto parts. Local verses Amazon or the web. If we all by pass our local guys to save a penny or two eventually they won't be around and the convenience of running downtown to pick a couple of must have small parts at a moments notice will be gone for ever. Of course there are times when the local guy is completely out of sight price wise for the exact same part or doesn't have it or can't get it. Then Mr. Google will locate it for you and it'll be at your front door PDQ. JMO.

2. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Quick, have Ryan delete this thread fast, before Brenda see's it. Geez, what were you thinking...LOL

3. Late yesterday afternoon I put a small fan in the back of the wagon to help dry the area after I cleaned and dry vacuumed the carpet, am happy and relieved to report that this morning there is absolutely no incriminating evidence that can be held against me.

It was clear that I didn't get away with my accident or my covert activity scot free, this morning over breakfast I was asked did I get my mess cleaned up?

It seems our daughter "spilled the beans" when she went back in the house and Brenda ask her "what's daddy doing ?"

We have been married 48 years and I don't lie to her but there is times when I omit some of the facts, So all I said was, "Yes" HRP

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  4. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

Glad you dodged a bullet.
    LPS Electro Contact Cleaner is what at least one of the big 3 uses regularly to remove any manufacturing mishaps/spills/stains, etc. Kinda pricey but very effective and goes a long ways. Just spray and rub with a clean, dry cloth. Even gives you that "new car smell".

dirty old man likes this.
  5. 31 5w

31 5w

jnaki likes this.
  6. 31 5w

31 5w

Another vote for Folex, Best around, . Spray , use warm water on clean rag . Work out from center of stain. Shop vac up excess , fan on to dry . repeat if necessary.

jnaki and Special Ed like this.
  7. Special Ed

Special Ed

I suppose this is too late for this incident, but Folex should be in everyone's arsenal of cleaning products. Locally made right here in San Diego (at least the last time I checked), inexpensive, it does a phenomenal job and does not leave any residue that will eventually attract dirt (like soap or detergents do). I've used it for decades, now. Trust me on this. It's good stuff ... :cool:

jnaki likes this.
  8. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You coward you !!! You already admitted that you told your daughter what you had done and then you blame her for spilling the beans. A real man would have held his tongue at all cost till the end. Now you will be watched relentlessly as will all the rest of us ! .........never mind, we have all done this........Did I just admit that ? :( o_O

9. Country Joe

Country Joe

This is also good advice for if the Mrs stays mad at ya.

10. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Another lil trick is to use pre-packaged coffee packs to help eliminate odors. A couple placed under the seat works great.

11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

You broke the Man code, admitted to screwing up!

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NO FREAKIN WAY!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU SPILLED A CUP OF COFFEE?

Don't even tell us it was in the morning besides. What's even more brazen, you're admitting it in public! I hope "they" don't know who you are. Spilling coffee is at best a misdemeanor, but it can rise to felony sometimes. Unreal, I mean geez folks the balls on this guy! Spilling beer is simple alcohol abuse but coffee? You should be ashamed. I'll keep your secret but I hope you get it cleaned just to remove the evidence.

Just sayin...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. JohnOlivers

JohnOlivers
    from Orlando

Thank you for sharing. I used CarGuys Super Cleaner before to clean up the upholstery in my car. Will try your one to compare if it will be a need in this.

14. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Looks like you really stepped on your peepee this time.

15. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

And another reason to have a cup holder in your car.....:rolleyes:;):D

David Gersic and lothiandon1940 like this.