Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Upgrade 56 Chevy 3200

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Scott71, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

2. I don't know how to tag, was just trying to figure that out.

3. Budget36

Budget36

Gotta do the "@" thing and the name...

so @swade41 you should get a notice in the upper right (on mine) screen.

swade41 likes this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

maybe we're just looking to the future, when this guy willl be wanting to get rid of that adapter, too....

:)

There are lots of ways to help.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

typical internet BS and all too prevalent on on the HAMB Totally ignore what the person asking the question wants and throw out BS on how you think he has to do it an the more expensive of way to do it you can dream up the better.

It can be done very easily with one of the adapters available from Tom Landgon or Bendtsen's. Not exactly Cheap but he didn't ask about cheap. The adapters are proven and work. To me as I said before a 200R4 would be a better choice for the transmission and not hard to find.
    The truck is never going to be a neck snapping tire burner but so be it. Not everyone is a show off that has to do a burnout every time he leaves the cruise night parking lot.
    It's not that hard to take a 3 speed column shifter and convert it to work with an automatic. It may be a bit interesting to figure out a shift indicator but some creative thinking can manage that.

Budget36 and anthony myrick like this.
  6. X2 on the 200r
    dont need a shift indicator, just know how to count

7. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

What about a neutral safety switch on a manual conversion?

8. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Lokar makes Neutral Saftey kits. Can probably adapt it to a Limeworks column shift kit. That is what I am doing on mine.

9. Vincent Garcia

Vincent Garcia

Hey Scott, I have exactly this setup so if you have questions I can try and help. I got a a 235 with dual carbs on Fenton intake and exhaust. behind it is a 200-4R transmission which has overdrive. I'm looking into switching motors because speed is a factor for me but I do love the look and sound of 235 with duals on it. Been using it as a daily for a while also but considering V8 swap

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Thanks for responding. I am now having a dilemma about doing the dual carb setup. It doesn’t seem to offer much benefit for the cost. Is this what you have found to be true? I would like the dual carb and Fenton manifold but for only a 10% increase is doesn’t seem worth it. My main goal is just a little more HP and acceleration. With my current 3 speed, I am a little slow making 65 when I want to enter interstate traffic. I think it’s the lack of fuel more than the gears. On the 200r-4, how difficult was it to attach to the 235? If I need to buy one to rebuild, what is the level of ability needed?
    Thanks

11. Vincent Garcia

Vincent Garcia

The power difference is noticable. For me it also made it way louder but I also run cherry bombs sticking out right at beginning of bed, I wanted something that sounds V8ish at the time and I did more than achieve that. For my transmission it was just something we had and you just need an adapter plate. The price of the Fenton setup was not bad in my opinion. For around $400 to $500 it was fairly easy to setup plus my cousin had an extra carburetor I was able to use. I also loved the look of the setup and just read that was the best way to increase power but now I'm looking at putting a V8 in the truck because I'm looking for speed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app