Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Restore Cars facility Colorado/1931 Vicky Resto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Just recently started watching quite a few videos, from this Restore Cars shop, in Colorado. Mark Clayton and his team, create award winning restorations, of Pre-War Top Shelf classics. No, they are not a traditional Hot Rod or Custom Shop, but their craftmanship and attention to detail are well worth noting. Fantastic how to videos on panel beating and leadwork too. The shop is the cleanest place, I've ever seen, next to the Porsche race shop I used to work at.

https://www.claytonrestorations.com/

This is the first of a series, on restoring a 1931 Model A Vicky

2. I like the "derelict" Auburn speedster in the background :D

jakespeed63 likes this.
  3. No reason any of these techniques, could not be applied, to your Hot Rod build. For the most part, Mark uses simple hand tools, to do most of the work.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Just Gary and 1934coupe like this.

4. 1934coupe

1934coupe

That is a great video and he explains the process very well not like some pompous shop owner that knows it all.

Pat

5. Pat, I feel the same way. Yes, he's a tad square, but humble and a good sense of old fashioned humor.
    Can only imagine the level of clientele he deals with. No Joe Lunchbuckets restoring an Auburn V-12, that I'm aware of.
    JT

1934coupe likes this.
  6. I just finished watching the latest update. Good to watch. While he says the body was messed up, he's not exactly dealing with a rust bucket!