Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Detroit Dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ned5049, Nov 28, 2019.

1. dan griffin

dan griffin

We are all good , just older and slower.

2. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

HarHar. The older I get, the faster I was.

FinnishFireball likes this.
  3. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

I asked the following almost 15 year ago here and since this is a DD thread wonder if any of you now have anymore information.

I was wondering if you remember a 37 Chevy gasser named Running Bear. The car was a bright blue with Yogi the Bear on roller skates painted on the side.Car ran C/G for a while with Hillborn injection and punched out small block Chevy. Later the car ran A/G with a large block Chevy with Hillborn injection stacks thru the hood. Owners name was Jack who is now deceased. Wondering what happened to the car.

In the later 60's Jack ran a 63 split window Corvette with Hillborn injection with the stacks thru thehood also. Corvette had rear fender flares done by the "Vette Shop" who also sponsered the car or at least the name appeared on the car. It was also the same bright blue as the gasser. Think the car ran C/MS with some engine setback. I worked for Jack a while but lost touch over the years.

4. One great hot rod ABCCAB03-A542-4064-9213-992963E34C65.jpeg

loudbang likes this.
  5. 3 day race, full eliminations each day. We won it all 3 days beating Gene Snow in the final. Also set LowET of the Manet at 7.15. Fond memories of DD.!

loudbang likes this.
  6. 4tford

4tford

b20^the_golden_commando.jpg

I spent a lot of time there and it is a shame the motor city does not have a dragstrip. I watched these cars running the track back in the 60's.

loudbang likes this.
  7. 4tford

4tford