Register now to get rid of these ads!

82 year old rusty frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Runnin shine, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Took some time to get the grill bars and crank hole straighter before I finish the very difficult bottom.
    [​IMG]
    Need to add tiny bits of metal in spots and welds on the back side. Then I can add the inside panel. And grind down the outside welds. The crank hole was really hard to get to this point. It is still crooked.
    Now back to the the other hot rod.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Looks very nicely done from my couch in KC!

kidcampbell71 and Runnin shine like this.
  3. Pickup looks hard as nails

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I agree. The truck used in this photoshop pic has a 5” drop axle and flat front crossmember. I have a model a style crossmember and will have my 34 front axle dropped hopefully to 4”. So my finished project won’t be as low up front as these awesome shots.
    Thanks for the feedback, Wyatt.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Mart

Mart

Nice job on the grille.

Runnin shine likes this.
  6. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I didn’t take any pics but I stared at the truck cab for quite a bit of time today.
    It was mostly cause the yard work has been ramping up lately and I walk past it all the time. I would feel bad if I worked on it when I should be only be focused on the Tudor. One thing is certain for sure though. I will again someday for I’m often still plotting its badass intentions.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Got er done!

Runnin shine likes this.
  8. 97

The road to a great hotrod is 50% vision, perception, patience and a good measure of procrastination , while striving for perfection.

9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

[​IMG]
    @kidcampbell71 , you were looking for a cool post? This may be a grainy shot but it’s as cool as it gets. Wish I could have found a GIF for it. I was a wee 10 years old when this came out and the beginning chase seen has certainly stuck with me. So much so that it spawned the name of my truck which wound up my avatar title. As a kid the movie is great, funny and cheesy. As an adult mostly just sentimental now. It also stayed in my one liner Rolodex with other era films till this day.
    “Let me see you cluck”

10. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

^^^ love that movie^^^

“I know nothing, I am merely a messenger”

kidcampbell71 and Runnin shine like this.
  11. :)

"What's so bad about second ?"

"SCREW SECOND !!"

Hahaha !! Stroker Ace it is !

12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

IMG_1205.JPG
    Thanks @208custom for these left and right 32 frame reveal sections.
    I can’t promise this but I’ve considered for some time making drastic changes to my frame or starting over. It has been a ton of work but I’ve just not been that happy with it. It all started with the old welder troubles. Then I decided to not channel it so hard. After that I’ve wanted to flush mount the doors but with cutting the roof to lengthen the cab so they fit. Gain a tiny bit of cab space. I have some other original 32 frame parts collected. I could do a lot better starting over.
    Some would say I’m crazy, buy some repop rails. I rather enjoy the hard save. Piecing something together again would stick to the crappy path I built the current frame on. Might this only be a continuation as apposed to a cry uncle.
    Adding 32 sides only has problems since the boxing plates are cut down for the 5” tall Plymouth rails.
    I could sell the old frame and get more fresh bits like a x member, 32 front and rear crossmembers, plus rear horns.
    More likely just thinking out loud.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Algoma56 and 208custom like this.
  13. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Might be ground water contamination in Indiana: I've been having similar thoughts about my 41 truck frame repair. I don't know if I'm stupid, cheap, or stubborn. ;) Keep at it.

slv63 and Runnin shine like this.