Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Pic request 39-40 tudor/coupe door sills installed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theHIGHLANDER, Jun 8, 2020.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine are missing, new ones are $150 or more based on the supplier, plus the shipping which we all have seen has gone through the roof. The half-assed pics of repros don't show them installed. You know where this going, right? I wanna make some and the task will be easier to sort out if I can see them in place. Thanks in advance, as always...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Mine are missing too. I'd also like to see a set installed.

Bump

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

these? We had to make some for a 39 Woody, Bought some alum channel stuff at Home depot and a roll of 37 Ford door sill welting-worked out well and closed gap at bottom of doors. Looked like this on woody. carpet then went in channel and rubber flap sealed against door

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. I bet you that would work on some other cars as well. Thanks for the shove in the right direction.

5. I'm in the same boat.

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok 'scrounge, that clears it up and similar to what I was thinking. I actually have some stock to play with. Who's got an OEM or repro set installed?

7. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 40 has em installed--they are the repops-the ones we made worked out well-made a set also for a 37 and 40 Woody as there are none available. We just rounded off the sq edge of the channel a bit to make em look a bit better. On one we used some rubber we found on ebay as well.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  8. 4ty

4ty

Don't the vendors have them (scuff plates) for about 90$ a pair??
    Paul in CT

9. I just put the originals, with new rubber seals, back in my too-many door yesterday...