Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pre-'65 Australian Ford Falcon

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by OzMerc39, Jun 3, 2020.

1. New to this page but here is my 1964 Ford Falcon - Aussie designation model number XM.

Original straight-six 170ci motor with 2-speed transmission. A few mods over the years but basically how I bought it over 24 years ago.

For most people here it will be unusual to see the steering wheel on the right-hand side.

DSC_0031.JPG Fiona in the countryside.jpg Tweed Heads  (19).JPG one G & K.JPG

2. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

That’s looks like a super clean coupe. Very nice. The very first manual car I actually drove was my step mothers XM Falcon wagon with the 170 Pursuit motor with the 3 speed column shift manual. No synchro on first. I was 15 and I’d been driving Dads 1961 Chev Belair a bit on country back roads but he wanted me to learn a manual. I was very lucky as neither of her two own sons had been allowed to drive it until they had learners permits. I remember that the engine felt very lively to me even compared to the v8 SBC although Dad always said it lacked a bit of oomph. I hope you get to enjoy your Coupe for many more years.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dago 88 likes this.
  3. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB, love your coupe. Had 2 of those over the years, great car. Do you have a '39 Merc also, like to see that. :)

4. goldmountain

goldmountain

That is a nice looking car. Sure is different than the ones here. Anyone with pictures of the Argentina versions?

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. fullhouse296

fullhouse296
    from Australia

And the Cannuck ones ,different again.