Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Sport Coupe I think... project intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boxcar's 1928, May 25, 2020.

1. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Any and all discussion is appreciated. Picked up this little "gem"...spending too much time trolling FB Marketplace. Hope that someone notices something I missed or have mis-identified. Just wrapping my head around this project while awaiting the delivery of my final door on Tuesday. Door has been held hostage at my local UPS Distribution Center since Friday (And it's Memorial Day Weekend) Would have love to got it on Friday...grumble, grumble.

Thoughts to the reasoning for matching hack job on the rear quarters? wreck repair, another car, I'm only guessing that the rear is of a Sport Coupe as well...can anyone confirm that? Subfloor is gone, will be a channeled car soon....a period 50's - 60's look is what I'm shooting for. Biggest hurdle is squaring this mess up...has been toted around for a long time as two pieces and it's a little wonky.

Undecided about the top... wish I could find a 5W top or fab one BUT that's well outside of my current skill-set. Going to use this car to get my welding/fab game a little tighter before I get back into my 28-29 Tudor...it deserves a better craftsman that I am at the moment. Thanks for taking a look. R/ Boxcars Garage (on the Tube)

Attached Files:

2. rustythumb

rustythumb

here's what i did with mine. 2014 11-18 (2).jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Nice!! I recently purchased this fiberglass Carson top for a T....thinking I may be able to alter it or flip it. Waddya think??? Would it be a stretch to pull this into the mix on a period build...I'm thinking the Carson top was a 60's thing.

Those post all leaned back look good. A lot of fab details in that I could use.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. rustythumb

rustythumb

looks like it would be hard to make that top work. i made mine out of 1/2" electrical tubing. Carson tops were popular from mid 30's - late 50's. i was going for a 1946-'47 look- [before dropped axles became popular!