Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Connecticut Dragway! new pics from TODAY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Took 'Jack The Ripper' onto CT Dragway this afternoon. I've been saying for a while that I would get to do this and here it finally is. It's not open to the public still but man what a feeling to be on it. It's still as long as it was, but narrower with no grand stands. I wish they would open this place back up!
    -Dean

Attached Files:

2. .....Grabbin' gears :D

Attached Files:

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

You brought back some fond memories...I was at Conn Dragway a lot of weekends in the 70's and 80's when I lived in WiiliRico.

Too bad it's not in the cards to ever open again...but thanks for sharing those pics!:cool:

PS: How the hell did you get on the track????????

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i broke a few transmissions there ...but had a lot of fun doing it...good memories,,rooster

5. TOYBOX

TOYBOX

Very cool. Looks like its been repaved. Did you pull the chutes at the end?

6. Paul2748

Paul2748

Spent a lot of years there doing tech in the morning and running eliminations in the afternoons, as well as a couple of years racing.

Looks like they changed the timing tower quite a bit since I was there last, about two years ago unless my memory is failing.

How did you even get in there - when I was there last the only way to get in was through some one you had to know who had the keys? Did you catch hell for the doughnuts?

7. onearmbandit

onearmbandit

Cool Dean, looking good.... See you Saturday!

8. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

How'd you manage to get in there?

Al in CT

9. Looks better than Niagara does, cool you got on it

[​IMG]

10. I had an "in", been planning it for some time but with the car being down and all I just never got around to it. I didn't do the donuts, those were already there. If I had the thing would have probably rolled haha. I did get to launch it 3 times though at about 3/4 throttle which was a blast.
    -Dean

11. D. GLOVER

D. GLOVER
    from pa

1964_CHEVELLE_1.jpg
    Here is my 64 Chevelle at Conn Dragway, raced I/stock, 64-65 . Raced many time there. Did win class at least, once. Worked for Jims Speed Emporium, part time. He was a big feature at this strip, Jim raced 427 Fords. I think Frank Maratta was the owner of track at the time.