Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 29 roadster redo. From Rat to Track!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Pat, Jun 4, 2016.

1. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

Pat, so stoked to see you posting stuff again! Looking to be even more bad ass than before. Go man go!

2. Dang dude! You mentioned it was currently in primer? I would assume you're planning on painting it then? If so, what color is it going to be?

3. Pat

Pat
    from Felton Ca.

Still undecided on the color, but I’ve narrowed it down. Chassis is getting painted black with a few parts chromed. I will probably have the chassis powder coated and paint the rest of the parts. We’ll see how the neighbors like me when the painting starts!

4. Pat

Pat
    from Felton Ca.

image.jpg image.jpg Changed the window posts by connecting them all the way across. My thought is it will help stiffen the cowl and still be low profile at the front.

El Hueso, ClarkH, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  5. A Boner

A Boner

Hope you are looking at the 1940 Ford passenger car color chart. Killer Hot Rod!

Stogy, PINEAPPLE and Pat like this.
  6. Pat

Pat
    from Felton Ca.

I will say it’s going to be a solid color. But I’m still torn between a couple different colors. I honestly don’t think I’ll decide until the paint hits the car.

A Boner and Stogy like this.
  7. PINEAPPLE

PINEAPPLE

That's going to be so difficult. Timeless colors like maroon,dark blue or doo doo brown..Butt with the wild race car style it could be any cool 50's color.. Or ivory and a solid color.. black striping on the color change. No matter. It will knock folks over.

Pat likes this.
  8. Gofannon

Gofannon

You have a good eye, I'm sure it will end up cool. I like the paint on Winton Ranger's roadster, simple and effective.
    upload_2020-5-10_19-28-37.png

9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

@Pat one of my favorite roadsters ever, your workmanship, eye for aesthetics, and attention to detail is out of sight, love it man!

Stogy, Pat and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I'd start looking at Maroon and head around the color wheel going away from red and stop before I got to yellow. Then I'd probably paint it Machinery Gray with red and white pin stripes. All of the '30s-'50s solid real colors would have to be looked at. It will be a tough choice but you'll make the right one!

sko_ford, brEad and Pat like this.
  11. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

I love the windshield! I’ve had thoughts of using a stock set up and lowering it down to where the bottom hits the cowl and reshaping the bottom window channel to fit. Looks great! I’ve always been an admirer of this car and still am today!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. Pat

Pat
    from Felton Ca.

Broke in the new sand blaster. Had to do some filler work on the axle housings. Epoxy then primer filler. C2918771-522D-4808-B827-E0D4FCC727D9.jpeg E2F5DF4F-7126-479C-BE90-B85EEEF62EFF.jpeg

brEad, Stogy, Shadow Creek and 4 others like this.
  13. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Looks like a parts lynching! Did a street rodder raiding party ride through and hang all your home made parts?

kidcampbell71 and Pat like this.
  14. Pat

Pat
    from Felton Ca.

So long as the neighbors don’t lynch me. I gotta move outta the city!!

Stogy, cactus1 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Just now catching up on this thread. Incredible work, design, craftsmanship, attention to detail.
    Thank you for updating and sharing your progress with us!

Stogy, Pat and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Pat are there serious restrictions on painting there? Maybe with everyone staying inside you can sneak it in.

Malcolm, Is the that the roadster from your old build thread in your avatar? That was quality too!

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  17. Pat

Pat
    from Felton Ca.

I’m not sure on restrictions. It used to be 4’by4’ could be painted without a booth. I’ve got new neighbors to my right that paid 1.2 mill. I guess that gives them the right to bitch about everything I do!

Stogy, Six Ball and kidcampbell71 like this.
  18. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

My nearest neighbor is 2 miles away and it's a mine. Great neighbor.

brEad, Stogy and Pat like this.
  19. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

Any news on this? What a beautiful car.

Six Ball likes this.
  20. A Boner

A Boner

21. Pat

Pat
    from Felton Ca.

Made a big move to the Santa Cruz mountains. Mid century log cabin and some land. Been working on that every free moment since we moved in 2 years ago. Will start on the roadster soon. Need to plumb electrical in the garage. Then later I’m building a proper shop similar in size to what I had in San Jose.

sko_ford, Jiminy, A Boner and 6 others like this.
  22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

23. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I love that area except for 17. I had several near death experiences on that road and had to leave a couple of cars for later retrieval. My '40 sedan delivery at the Los Gatos statues and my '48 Chevy Fleetline at the very top.