Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member Intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Terry Woods, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Terry Woods

Terry Woods

My name is Terry Woods. I have already posted on the HAMB about the Country Boy Thunderbolt which I bought in the 1970's from George Houk (sp) in Nashville, TN. I sold it to a buyer in Nashville, but it is currently (at last report) owned by a collector in Massachusetts. At the very same time period that I owned the Country Boy (4F41K 167184), I owned a 66 R code Fairlane (6A43R249463) originally sponsored by Barry's Ford Sales in West Union, OH, and a 63 Galaxie 500 R code convertible (3W65R131077), originally sold in Edgerton, OH. The only picture of the Country Boy that I kept after I sold it, is one that has already been posted on the HAMB, but I'll post it again. The car's original owner, Jim Cochrane is knelling beside it in the photo. Also attached is a photo of my R code 63 convertible which was the cover car of The Enthusiast, the publication of the Performance Ford Club of America started by Charles Crites. Since there was at least one HAMB poster and maybe more that doubted me or my car's authenticity, the following well known Ford guys know me: Dennis Kolodziej, Larry Davis, Brent Hajek, George Houk, and Charles Crites. I have not talked to some of these guys in decades, but in addition to buying the Country Boy from George Houk, Larry Davis helped me solve the VIN number puzzle that I had with the Country Boy, I bought the 66 R code Fairlane from Brent Hajek, and Charles Crites started the Performance Ford Club of America and was the Chairman of the Board when my convertible was featured in 1987.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  2. boutlaw

boutlaw

Welcome from Mississippi, especially another FE fan, I don't have reason to doubt any thing you may say, but you sure have my attention on the cars you own or have owned...my kinda guy