Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting back into the game

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Claws, May 2, 2020.

1. Claws

Claws
    from New Jersey

Hi everyone,

I live in NJ and just bought a 40 ford standard coupe. The car is in nice shape but needs some work to get it where I want it. It’s completely stock and I’m considering making some period correct hot rod mods like adding a slingshot manifold and aluminum heads - but that’s a bit down the road. I’ve had hot rods since I was a kid, but couldn’t afford what I really wanted. Now I have some spare time, and more money than I did at 17, and I’m back in the game. I’ve been pouring over the old posts and find this site a treasure trove of information. I look forward to being an active member. Also, I’m looking in the parts section and can’t respond to a posting, what am I doing wrong?
    88967CA3-2AF0-4BCA-AA5E-B698105BA517.jpeg

2. Welcme to the HAMB. I love your coupe. If responding in the parts for sale. I think you need to send them a PM. I haven't bought or sold anything on there yet. I'm more of a Junkyard swap meet type. lol Your so right, the fokes on here have a wealth of knowledge, and are always willing to help. Keep us posted on your up grades. Take care. Ron........

Claws and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. boutlaw

boutlaw

Welcome from Mississippi, love the coupe, great starting point, and Ron is correct on parts communication, send seller a PM....Ive had great luck buying and selling on HAMB, never a bad experience. Best hot rod site on the web.

4. Welcome, Claws. Love your '40. What a beauty! Ron and boutlaw are correct. You must send an advertiser a PM (aka conversation) to respond to their ad. Just click on their profile page and look for the "start a conversation" prompt..........Don.:)

Claws and Ron Funkhouser like this.

5. Claws

Claws
    from New Jersey

Thanks for the feedback, I’m already talking with a few folks in the classified/parts section. This site is great. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Welcome to the HAMB! As the owner of a '40 Standard coupe, I'm kinda partial. Yours looks like a super nice car.

Claws and lothiandon1940 like this.