Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical bluetooth sound system

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Brown, May 2, 2020.

1. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Im a huge Blues fan and listen anytime i'm in the shop or any of my vehicles....didn't want to run a bunch of wiring in the hiboy so I came up with this..had an existing square hole at back of seat so built a holder that slips into this hole and holds a bluetooth JBL speaker....works great and volume can overpower the lakester exhaust easily if you want......only wires is a pos and neg to the charging port, just in case you spend a whole day out runnin around....just thought I'd post this as a very simple way to run some tunes in a hotrod..........leave my phone in my pocket on Pandora and hit the road.....volume is adjustable at the speaker or the phone either way.......on a side note, be careful playin ZZ Top if you have a tendency 4A810B7A-9AF4-4F51-ACCA-A4F6DD1F094C.jpeg 80A4E0EB-9A9F-47A7-B48B-E41677C30B51.jpeg C750B420-48AD-47E4-B195-985296F899E5.jpeg 82B174E4-C55D-4265-9A98-719B70C27BF4.jpeg to drive to the speed of the music.

2. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

vtx1800, scotty t and Ron Brown like this.
  3. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah....I'm really into Beth Hart/Joe Bonamassa lately....aint no bad blues

4. 31 5w

31 5w

10-4 on the blues, new and old. started listening to in early '80s. Funny how a lot of famous rockers state that is where their interest in music was based.

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hey R,
    Did you do any comparisons with other Bluetooth speakers available? I did a story on Bluetooth speakers as I needed one to power our workbench counter top, without being overly big. I did not want to use our old bookshelf speakers and an amplifier as they take up space. So, those Bluetooth speakers seem to have good to great sound for my needs in the garage workbench area. (Along with the music coming from an Apple Ipod Touch player.)

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-what-works-good.1039238/page-2#post-11849972

This is a story from a couple of years back. At the time of the testing in the store (Target) I was able to use the speakers as if they were on my workbench counter with some volume. (Empty store section) The results were pretty definite.

Jnaki
    upload_2020-5-3_4-20-41.png As a teen, our speakers and radio happen to be a small Sony portable hand held AM radio. My 1940 Ford Flathead powered Sedan Delivery was very bare bones, but reliable. We wish we had the money for larger speakers and at least a powered built in radio.

dana barlow likes this.
  6. indyjps

indyjps

UE BOOM is what I use. Bought one years ago when they first came out and another spare to take with me a few years ago.

Nothing is going to stack up to a real set of stereo speakers, but this thing puts out big sound.

Ran it side by side with my bro in laws Bose that was 3X the size, we both agreed the UE BOOM put out a fuller sound.

7. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually I didnt. My fishing partner had one of these for his boat that we use all the time so i was familiar with the sound already.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

jnaki likes this.
  8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Because the great majority of rock music is basically up-tempo blues.

Hot rods and music... good.
    Bluetooth... good.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We all went downtown
    To get us some soup
    The trolley wasn't runnin'
    So we took my old coupe...

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Also, how many 60-70's songs were old blues songs. Led Zeppelin covered (covered used lightly) multiple blues songs
    Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Kenwood makes a bluetooth amp, I'm leaning towards that route.

Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

seadog likes this.
  13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use the JBL Flip 4 when I go golfing, I really like the sound.
    In my hot rod I built my own. Built the box to resemble an original speaker box. It houses a blue tooth receiver, 4 channel amp, and a twin voice coil speaker. There are two 6X9s mounted behind the rear side panels. I has a manual volume knob but also works off my cell. Cant steal it, 200 watts, and looks like it belongs there.
    upload_2020-5-4_18-57-25.png

14. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Hound Dog Taylor. Bluesman with a very crunchy guitar style. I'd say; Link Wray of the blues. For me, it's got to have big balls. Wrote the song "Take Five" but actually had six fingers on one hand. The brother delivers.

Attached Files:

rod1 likes this.
  15. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Me blowin’ the Blues Live 43EB8182-113E-4457-B16A-EBE2C10E872A.jpeg

rod1, Desoto291Hemi and Jon SSS like this.
  16. rusty valley

rusty valley

blues fans, check out kxci on saturday nights. marty kools blues review out of tucson az. i thought i was somebody, but he is playing the coolest stuff i never heard before. i stream it, record it, edit the 4 hour program down to two cd's with a program called audacity. its all i listen to

rod1 likes this.
  17. '29 Gizmo

'29 Gizmo
    from UK

Im with the OP.. hung a JBL speaker under the cowl tank/dash with velcro straps.

18. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

BlueTooth....Not very traditional....

19. skooch

skooch

I installed one of those usb chargers in my glovebox, nifty.

20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I posted my bluetooth speaker in my roadster above, here is what I did in my truck recently. Bluetooth amp under the seat, Fender amps in the doors, volume knobs work, sub woofer under the seat. I like doing my own thing.
    upload_2023-6-26_10-13-1.png

Happydaze, 31 B'ville, rod1 and 5 others like this.
  21. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WAY-WAY COOL

22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Waiting for Richard, Blues4U, to chime in. He plays a mean blues guitar…..

23. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

For you blues lovers, like me, try some Tab Benoit. They call him the Cajun SRV.

24. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my favs....Too Many Dirty Dishes

25. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

It is , if you don't want to cut up the dash of your pride and joy.
    Or fit a digital FM radio

rod1 likes this.
  26. Neither is living past 66 years of age ;)

27. hepme

hepme

Looks like a lot of us have the same taste in music and cars-as for me, I'm a delta Blues fan, Muddy Waters, Junior Parker, etc. ain't hay. Here's one you won't expect though, go listen to the 12BBB. or 12 bar blues band. Just hear 'em and don't read about 'em. I'll give it away though, they're a Dutch blues band that plays some lowdown stuff--duh,duh?? The guitar dude is flat outta sight. Does the Netherlands have hot rods? (I went there one time, lots of water)