Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Time AND Money

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

It's often said if you had the time and money you'd build or work on your Hot Rod. Now that most of us have been ordered to go home and put it in park for a few weeks and uncle Sam has given us some extra spending cash (At least here in the U.S.) I'm wondering what are you doing to your Hot Rods or project cars. Are you making repair's or upgrades to your current rod or spending the money on building your new ones.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  2. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nope. Don't need a thing. Its done. IMG_0144.JPG

4. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Retired and the bride and I do not fit inside the parameters. So my days don't change.;)

nochop likes this.

5. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Me I'm upgrading the car to match the motor upgrade of 2011. It took me seven years to accumulate the parts for the chassis and two more to get around to it. I'll probably pull the intake off the motor and verify the condition of the 289 before I fire it up in the car. So the money has been spent now it's time to get to work......

Deuces and Speed Gems like this.
  6. kmrumedy

kmrumedy

Banned!!!
    :D

Deuces likes this.
  7. squirrel

squirrel

Time, money, and motivation. Since I've had time and money for a while now, the motivation thing is key. And since there's nowhere to go do anything with fun cars with other people for the foreseeable future, that motivation is even harder to come by.

But I've been slowly reassembling the engine for Almost Funny, and I started working on the Bread truck. It gets me out of the house, so my wife likes it.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Still making car payments..... :rolleyes::oops:

9. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

First time I've ever heard a hot rodder say "It's Done"! I didn't think they ever got done. I've been doing some work on my plymouth sedan, but I haven't seen any check and work still goes on as usual. Still working on other peoples junk and since the washer took a crap and then the frig decided to follow I just keep working and wait on the next thing to go bad.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  10. Completely rewiring the T. Almost done and fired it up today!!

RJP and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  11. 62rebel

62rebel

Got some extra money, but not counting on it lasting; went hunting for parts yesterday, no luck; been plugging away on my off topic Mercury. Thinking of getting something more for the Galaxie, but diminished returns on those investments bug the shit out of me. Almost willing to take the car apart for scrap.

12. Ol Trump bought big daddy a new exhaust system, front wheel bearings and hubs, a headliner, and possibly a different rear end for me wagon :D (actually it was just some more of my tax money being given back to me, but I'll let him take the credit ;))

hotrodharry2 and TagMan like this.
  13. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

"Fire in!"
    Say "I will."

Those are some of the things I learned from master TV painter William Alexander. He talked to his paintings.
    (Austrian? German? accent)
    "I veel, I veel FIRE IN! thees awlmyty clouds!" *attacks canvas with large,ragged brush*
    That helped me when I was (literally) pulling a 4-cyl from my OTGT in an apartment parking lot. Middle of day/ middle of summer. I had the car jacked up and the block on its side under the car, and the motor mount was digging into the pavement. I just kept saying (probably audibly) "I WILL get this motor out."