Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Best Hot Rod Podcasts...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Best Hot Rod Podcasts...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Jalopy Joker, Stu and jnaki like this.
  2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

What is a podcast and why does it belong here?

DBruce likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A podcast is similar to a radio show. It belongs here, because there are, in fact, podcasts about hot rodding... Open your mind. Turn off the news. :)

4. Would rather listen to music than people talk.

fastcar1953 likes this.

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Me too.

6. Wisconsin Hotrod Radio is fine for show and swap information as well as keeping abreast of the Laws and regulations that effect Hotrodders.

Josh Shaw racing podcasts are awesome and he has a few historical podcasts that happen to be the last interview of a couple racing legends!
    Sent from my LM-V405 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Well, good for you. Other people may appreciate the information about these podcasts.

Jalopy Joker, Shutter Speed and Tim like this.
  8. The Rodcast alone is an incredible podcast that features interviews with many historical legends in hot rodding - Harold Johansen, Tommy Sparks, Carrol Shelby, Willie Davis, and Pete Henderson just to name a few. I think even you would be swayed listening to ANY of these incredible interviews of the pioneers of this hobby of ours. @milwscruffy

Here's a few more:

Chrome Pipes and Pinstripes
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chrome-pipes-and-pinstripes/id1052432809

Dork - O - Motive
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-dork-o-motive-podcast/id1501052684

Wheels of Confusion
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wheels-of-confusion-podcast/id1249176624

Hot Rods By Boyd - I know, I know, a podcast about Boyd? Well, sort of. Boyd's son Chris interviews many people who knew his dad and have stories about him as well as many other people in the hot rod industry. Jimmy White, Chris Allison, Tony Thacker, and Steve Stanford to name a few.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hot-rods-by-boyd-the-podcast/id1449878813

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I second chrome pipes and pinstripes @travisfromkansas aka royboy does a great job.

Hot rod pod casts are basically like an audio book version a hot rod magazine.

DBruce likes this.
  10. I've been listening to Chrome Pipes and Pinstripes for a while and recently started listening to Bomb City. Hadn't heard of Dork-O-Motive or Wheels of Confusion before, will have to check them out!

11. Dork - O - Motive is done by NHRA anouncer, Brian Lohnes. He takes on incredible stories of historical events that you've likely never heard of in hot rodding and motorsports. Really great content.

The Wheels of Confusion is definitely hit and miss. They talk a lot about early lowriding and custom cars but ramble a lot. Its hosted by a couple of members of the Los Boulevardos Car Club.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Speedy Canuck likes this.
  12. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

In my opinion chrome pipes and pinstripes is the most traditional hot rod focused and overall best of the hot rod podcasts.

The episode with Brian Bass is a good introduction if you are new to podcast listening.

13. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Naaa, I’ll just sit in my shop, listen to songs I’ve heard 1000 times, and think my same old thoughts.

milwscruffy and DBruce like this.
  14. I'm thinking I'll try both for a minute?

15. Well good for them.

16. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

This place is way better than some podcast.

milwscruffy likes this.
  17. I like my shop even better, you know that three dimensional place ! :D