Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I also installed the sway bars on the frame too and now time to drink some beers.

Attached Files:

LAROKE, oldsfrench, 61Cruiser and 2 others like this.
  2. I spent the afternoon setting up the GoPro camera I bought last year, but never used, I figured after 13 months I might want to figure it out. This is my first video, it didn't fall into the fan on the car and I controlled it from my phone, my grill shell vibrates pretty good but it takes all that out by itself, don't know why I waited so long..lol

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That system is a pain, and most of them just set around, I have installed some of the O ring converted calipers for cars that don't see much use and not had any complaints. The brake safety light valve can take some work to get it to shift to the other side to be able to bleed the other end.

Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Bought a pair of 40 Ford bumpers with frame brackets and the front grille guard off an older gentleman who had some stuff on the market place. Nice chat with him as we sat in the garage and went over what he had done to his 1940 sedan sitting there - that he's had since the 80's. He ended up giving me some small pieces that I will surely use. Good day and I think he enjoyed the company.....he raced a 34 Ford sedan with an Olds at the old Caddo Mills racing air strip.

5. Rebuilt my $50 carb...
    F768458E-931D-408F-B454-A5DEEFE3701D.png C7F88C33-FCC6-4B99-823C-2B3DE73CA83A.jpeg

6. swapped out rear leaf shackles from 5" to 4". brought the rear of the bed down to a nice slight rake.

Hombre and swade41 like this.
  7. Day dreamed about getting back home so i can get out in the shop :rolleyes: Did you ever play tag in the yard when you was a kid? That big tree was home base and if you was touching the tree you was safe and nobody could tag you? When i get home and pull off the highway on to my driveway it's like I'm touching that tree :D

Hombre, jaw22w, bob b. and 5 others like this.
  8. The37Kid

The37Kid

9. I close my gate and get the same feeling

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

10. Budget36

Budget36

You lie, ain't noting leaving your place!

11. Yep! That's the tree! And i have a gate too :D the peace and quiet of living in bum f'd Egypt ;) but that's where my bodyshop is so i usually leave the gate open :rolleyes:

12. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Started working on the spring maintenance. Rented the radiator pressure tester from AutoZone. I found a slow leak, where the heater hose hits the firewall bulkhead. PO used a 5/8” fitting and 3/4” hose. Looks like I need to change the engine side nipples (3/4”) and hose to 5/8”.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  14. leon bee

leon bee

Maybe you've mentioned it somewhere, but does KTBF stand for: "Keep the baby, Faith"?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Hombre likes this.
  16. @swade41 / Phil, I’ve never done that (drilled the weights). That’s interesting. This carb is for my inboard 302 Ford boat project (yes, I know it’s not a marine rated carb). I do remove the edelbrock sticker tag and I also completely remove all choke related hardware. I tap the holes for the choke butterfly shaft and install stainless Allen head bolts (to block off un-filtered air). I’m planning on installing this carb “backwards” which solves the fuel inlet issue (Ford fuel pump on opposite side vs. Chevy) and it will make for a cleaner linkage install (Morse cable). One cool thing is, I should be able to actually watch the air door operate while in use, and at what RPM. I’ll report back on that hopefully later this summer. @partsdawg / the edelbrock rebuild kits are $42. There are much less expensive kits on eBay (like $13! dollars) but I’ve read enough bad reviews on them to steer me away. Time is money. I can’t see rebuilding them being profitable. However, I also can’t see myself ever buying a new one again.:)
    3958B32C-C0B0-4CA5-B095-A70BDA28AFC3.jpeg 73072E47-B27F-4FC6-AB4A-5F384A31AA26.jpeg

Hombre, LAROKE, swade41 and 3 others like this.
  17. j hansen

j hansen

Looks like new!Do you use a ultrasonic cleaner?

Hombre and Lil32 like this.
  18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yep, looks great. I was about to try soda blasting mine yesterday, as recommended on another thread, but time, or rather I, ran out of steam.

19. @j hansen I bought one these ($20)... Trouble is, the carb doesn’t actually fit inside the can even when completely disassembled (stupid, right?). I poured the contents of the gallon can into a clean 5 gallon bucket. I even removed all the butterflies, so I could remove the shafts and clean them real good with some scotch-brite. Upon reassembly, I used brake parts cleaner on the screws and screw holes of the butterflies and a drop of red loctite to insure they don’t come loose. I’m pretty impressed with how well this product worked. I hope it runs as good as it looks.

Attached Files:

Truckdoctor Andy and j hansen like this.
  20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

KTBF is Keep The Bitch Floored!

21. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

The things that bite you.. So in attempting to put in my back window a few days ago I ran into trouble at the lower ledge. The back panel, although it looked straight, had a bow out of about 1/4" from center to sides. Previously I had a Plexiglas window, which was able to handle the curve, the new glass would not. So I had to do a little 'reconfiguring', and figured I would get the glass in and then touch up the body, and only have to do it once. While I was at it there were a couple of other areas needing touch up work so got those in primer today also. This is the main reason I chose solid single stage paint, figuring on ongoing repair or changes. Would have loved a nice candy metallic..

0405200830_HDR_resized (1).jpg

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and swade41 like this.
  22. Gonna go to walmart! Randy 004.JPG

Hombre, LAROKE, chryslerfan55 and 8 others like this.
  23. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Sandblasted a pile of parts. Time for a bottle of Vernor's

24. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Got this far on the headlights... I'll finish up the left side and then move to the tail lights... I've got plenty of time... IMG_0206.JPG IMG_0211.JPG

Hombre, LAROKE, RICH B and 3 others like this.
  25. I use Vernors over my baked ham, cloves, brown sugar, pineapple slices and dump a 2 litter over it all covered in foil, no sand though.

26. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Scout's Honor.....I have a ham in the oven as I type.

Hombre, chryslerfan55 and swade41 like this.
  27. HotRod33

HotRod33

IMG_20200405_164818.jpg started fitting In the panel to fill my roof

Hombre, weps, j hansen and 5 others like this.
  28. leon bee

leon bee

Ordered some more metric tools off ebay, I avoid that shit as well as I can. But I'm half way thru a big, desperate euro car repair. Just about the most aggravating part is finding the right goddam socket. Especially those ones with the tiny little lettering on them so I gotta get organized.

Hombre, Budget36 and Old wolf like this.
  29. I cleaned the interior in a little car I'm gonna put out by the road for sale, and mowed about 3 acres, almost feels like winter is over, but i still don't trust that dirty bitch :mad: got some parts in, but opted for the "take a shower and relax" evening ;)

30. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Been busy. Finished the wiring on the 34. I guess the people walking around the subdivision are gunshy when they hear me coming. They are all out walking. Can't do a decent burn out. Nice to have lights. Heck , I even have a horn in this one. 20200405_175138.jpg 20200405_175201.jpg IMG_20200405_183237_01.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.