Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aw Man! This is gonna be FUN!!! LMAO!

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  2. You can kind of see it here. It won't drop to the last hole because the top radiator hose hits the top of the support. I guess I'll just drop it as far as i can and drill new holes Screenshot_20200401-204227_Gallery.jpg

3. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I remember right the hose should be damn near on the crossbar. You could make some plate's to move the radiator to the other side of the core support and drop t down even more if you have to, you might not need a fan shroud that way too.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never mind that last part about moving the radiator to the other side. It won't fit with the long waterpump.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Use one of these. I’ll hold the dart board until I start leaking too much.
    BB00A77D-ED14-484A-A9BC-859E7F571824.jpeg

6. A long water pump in a 57 is almost as bad as the key on the column

7. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad you told him. I didn't want to hurt his feeling... ;)

8. Not really, you should see how I dress

9. Hey Lloyd, stay away from the zombies! And the moonshine. Keep working on that 57.

chryslerfan55, 61Cruiser and loudbang like this.
  10. Doing my best! Getting a little more crazy here every shift. Running out of PPE. Governor had an order on his desk today to sign. If he signed it, we have the ability to decide who we transport in the ambulance. You'd have to meet the requirements put in place by the state. And when i get home in the morning i gotta put an AC hose on mommas car and charge the air, then paint the inside of the 65 truck, then I'm gonna get back on my car :D

11. I thought that truck was yours?

loudbang likes this.
  12. Heck no! Way too new for my taste! Only thing i own is the wagon.

chryslerfan55, scotty t and loudbang like this.
  13. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Lloyd, that artwork looks fantastic. There are a lot of "tricks" to doing artwork that will reproduce well on a T-shirt. It's a whole different process than doing "fine art". Your guy knows his stuff...he "gets it":D
    [​IMG]

14. So will a pickup truck follow each ambo to carry patients who you won't let in? "Throw him in the back, Jed!" Here it would be an Amish buggy.
    Ok, bad joke but dark humor is better than none.
    Be careful out there, you're on the front line.

15. IMG_20200402_082329424.jpg
    Photo of the brace that crosses above '57 radiator support. Notice notch for 6 cylinder upper hose, to the drivers side. Do you have this brace? It helps to make sure air coming in goes through the radiator and not over the support. Is that what's hitting the hose?

16. No i took that brace out. I can look in there and see the hood laying on the cap.

17. That all depends. We run it like a rock concert. So if a paramedic ever looks at you and says "by a round of applause, how do you feel?" You better start clapping your hands ;)

18. If your engine runs hot, the brace / air deflector might help.

19. Yeah it's hanging in the garage in case i need it lol.

20. I put this column in the car, had to shorten it around 4", the car had a power steering box on it. With all of that said it puts the shift arm on the column inside of the firewall. I've been under the car trying to sort out what i can do to connect the arm to the transmission bellcrank. Best i can come up with is a hole in the toe board for the rod to run through, and trimming the carpet around it. Any other ideas?? 20200402_123817.jpg

21. FOUR SPEED!!

22. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There are some aftermarket conversion cables available, but I've never seen one connected to the interior side of the firewall, not that it could't be done. Making your own manual linkage may be the way to go, but I can see it getting to be really frustrating, really quickly. Floor shifter? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Most floor shifters used a cable, grab one from the junk yard and adapt?

bchctybob and loudbang like this.
  24. Few odds and ends, couple pieces of scrap, and HELL YEAH!! Probably not to everyone's standards, but it meets mine just fine ;) oh, and it works great. Gotta trim some pieces and drill some holes for cotter pins, but it's almost there :D 20200402_162711.jpg 20200402_162830.jpg 20200402_162836.jpg

25. Oh, and patch the floor! Lol.... now to make a bracket to support the column at the firewall.

26. Slopok

Slopok

You know you can use nails right???o_O:eek:;) ...Lol

27. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Saw this elsewhere that a guy owned in the 80s and thought of your concept that you were wanting to do.
    upload_2020-4-2_16-59-5.jpeg

28. Yeah ol @scotty t sent me some :rolleyes: he's such an ass :D

29. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh geez...don't open THAT can of worms again:eek: