Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 235 engine seizes while cranking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Klunker77, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

maybe time to drop in a SBC

bobss396 likes this.
  2. Pull the starter and see if you can turn the engine by hand. If you are not sure on the starter, have it rebuilt and clean up the foot pedal switch. Those should be available or whoever does the starter can probably do that as well. I always have an auto electric shop to go to, you probably have one locally.

3. Klunker77

Klunker77

Thanks everyone for all of the help. I got the truck running great last night. I did 2 things: re-routed the grounds and ensured the connections were clean. i also pulled off that starter switch and gave it a good cleaning as well. The switch looks pretty worn out and will likely need to be replaced sooner than later. After trying to sort out these issues, I think the engine could use a little TLC and should be pulled and looked over to be on the safe side. Thanks again

4. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Good to hear you have things sorted out. Good luck!

Klunker77 likes this.
  5. donsz

donsz

Thanks for providing the result. It is always fun to find out what the solution turned out to be.
    don

ffr1222k likes this.