Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Do you seem to keep building one make & model?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 21, 2020.

1. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I don't discriminate, I drive a Ford and Chevy. My other project GM (46 Olds) is out in the back shed. All will soon all be going over to the new mancave at my son's. I've never owned a MOPAR however we had one as a family cars when I was a kid.
    garage.jpg

2. What was the question ? There was some dribble about 1932 Fords that lost me.......

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Friend's sheds the other day and I don't own a 32. Not shown are 2 x 32 roadsters under the house 20200322_135453.jpeg 20200322_135424.jpeg 20200322_135353.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NOPE, I've always strived to never build/own the same year/model twice. In the past 50 years I've owned/built/driven....

Fords : '27 '30 '31 '32 '33 '35 '36 '37 '39 '40 '47 '48 '50 '51 '53 '55 '57
    Chevys; '37 '38 '47 '48 '51 '53 '54 '55 '56 '57 '60
    Mopars; '31 '40 '41 '64
    Willys; '38

Holy crap...never made this list before. Looking at it now...I think I may need professional help:eek::eek::eek:

Thor1, 3W JOHN, OLSKOOL57 and 7 others like this.
  5. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

I love em all. Had holdens , chevs, fords, fiats, audi, vws, Morris, vanguard, Vauxhall. Numerous others more off topic in years. Now just down to my Chrysler made Ford designed, Gm powered, fiat pedigree Simca. Lol. Best of all worlds.

6. Reading and comprehension normally go hand in hand,obviously you missed the question, it's the part that has the question mark ( ? ) try rereading the post. :rolleyes: HRP

7. Funny you should ask. Seems like I mostly build cars and trucks manufactured between '54 and '64 for myself. Used to be first gen F-100s and '62-'64 Chevy cars. Lately I have gravitated to first gen C-10s.

I hate it really. There is a car or two that I would like to build but I'll probably end up building another C-10.

8. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

are you really that dumb?

9. John, this guy finds fault in my post content, his words not mine. HRP

10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dunno guys. I thought it was kinda funny...sort of tongue in cheek "I'm tired of hearing about holy grail '32 Fords". I might be wrong...my wife thinks I'm an idiot...so who knows:rolleyes:

Thor1, 3W JOHN, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  11. Actually wouldn't what you said about your friend actually go better in the thread you started last month -
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-for-a-car-you-hope-to-build-someday.1183397/ ? Or the other thread you started before that about makes and models you build ....let me find that....

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. Let me try to understand your logic, I talked to Johnny on the March 21st and you suggest I go back and dredge up a older thread from February 7th.

Maybe you could start some interesting threads, possibly a build thread on one of your cars.

Like I said earlier, you worry too much about what I post. HRP

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  13. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Well I like your posts. They always attract great pictures.

14. ratrod0

ratrod0

I build alot off different types, might surprise alot of people. But I make money on them.

15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty much stick with 40's with a 39 and 37 Woody in the mix. A few trifives as well.

16. Thank you sir. HRP

17. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

IMG_0809.JPG

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I've had a few 49-50 Chevrolets over the years. if I had money I'd have a bunch of them.

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  19. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I always thought it WAS a competition against time...how many hotrods could I build before I'm dead.
    People used to comment that they never saw me in the same car twice:). I used to tell them that I changed hot rods like I change my underwear...about once every 3 years:eek::D:eek::D

20. I have been all over the board when it comes to what I have messed with. I did build several Chevelle's, Camaro's, Firebirds, and 67-72 Chevy pu's years ago, but after coming to my senses, I have just been playing with all kinds of stuff (mostly HAMB-friendly) for the last 20 or so years now. :D Building my son's 63 Chevy pu is somewhat familiar since I did one for myself similar to it about 30 years ago.

21. Watch out ...that Car-Owner -Virus can give you the WILLYS.....g-willys

Thor1, 3W JOHN, Sandgroper and 2 others like this.
  22. Thank you my friend, I appreciate it. HRP

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  23. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

No particular favorites for me. Been all over the board like others have previously stated.

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  24. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

And me.
    Danny, I was elated when I first read about Brenda's wagon...a '54 Ford!
    I have had 11 '54 Ford COUPES, (did I have most of 'em? Nah, seen more around, but not lately...) I have '54-itis. My last one, (I should say "present' one, was gifted to me on Fathers day, by my son Rich. (@richinsanazay here on the HAMB)
    Rich also presented me with pistons, rods (the good ones) and other jewelry to build up a high-nickel Ford 406. (FE)
    I'm excited, although this will be 'just shy' of the H.P. my white '54 had, with the 427 side oiler.
    Many different setups on previous ones, most were Y-blocks, 292s & 312s.
    Had a couple of '32s, but that was in the '50s. Hard to find since then...LOL

25. Me too Danny, but I'm sure you already know that. I'm waiting for your next thread.;) Anyway I have built a few, muscle cars,4x4's, drag cars. My 1930 coupe is the oldest I have ever had, and my favorite .:)

26. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welp...maybe I AM an idiot...guess I WAS wrong on that call...no humor implied at all:(.
    Really can't understand it Danny. I always find your threads entertaining, informative and fun...what more could this idiot (me) ask for ?:D:p:D

27. Thank you guys, I really do appreciate the positive comments, the Hamb is like a family and you can't make everybody happy all the time, I try to keep the conversation going and regardless the subject my antagonist will have a snarky comment, most times I ignore it and other times I reply.

I'm here for the long haul so I will continue to post, some will like it and I'm sure some will find fault.

BTW, Please all of you guys stay safe, this also includes my friend from Dallas. HRP

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    3W JOHN, Sandgroper, egads and 2 others like this.
  28. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Danny I have never owned a ‘32 Ford. Had a good friend that has a few, that I think are great. I remarked some months that I would walk across many a street rod to get to your sedan, still feel that way. I enjoy your posts, so don’t stop! If someone is concerned about your post count, I guess they do not like your LIKES either. Just keep on doing what you’re doing.

3W JOHN, Sandgroper and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. \

Thank you my friend, I have a very close friend that has always disliked Deuces, I still love the guy.

I post a lot and I have a thing for 32's, maybe that's the problem with my antagonist from Dallas, maybe it's just me, I also like '54 Ford's and '55 Chevys, never owned one but I like them, personally I enjoy all types of hamb friendly cars. HRP

3W JOHN and Sandgroper like this.
  30. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Exactly, I have owned many 55-56 Chevys and only 1 57 Chevy ( Currently). I 35 Ford 5 Window and 1 37 Chevy Cpe.and a 67 SS Nova. Wish I had them all back. I like you, just like old cars.