Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How do we fund our builds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Almostdone, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Stooge

Stooge

I have more time than money so taking awhile to work on something that didn't cost much is fine with me. Old cars are my biggest hobby and I have a decently paying laboratory job, so if I need something to move the car along and I've hummed and hawed over it and decided I really need it, and can afford it, i'll buy it, but I accumulate things slowly a little at a time as funds allow. I also usually have someone else's long term project car that im working on , and also walk and board dogs for a buddy's dog walking business. That last one is surprisingly lucrative, (there's been many times that I'll get $4-500 just for having a couple dogs stay over the weekend) and living alone with no pets of my own, its one of my favorite ways to make extra money.

I don't have any debt related to my car projects or daily driver. I've been on too many car forums for too many yrs and have watched a lot of credit card builds start with a big pile of shiny parts, to only watch it fizzle and stall when circumstances change and that pile has to be sold at a big loss while they are assumedly still making payments on them.

Early Ironman and bhemi like this.