Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Do you ever drink a beer , kick back and say one hot rod is enough?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41rodderz, Mar 17, 2020.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I do kick back and drink beer, is that close enough ?:D

Fuel to burn and bobss396 like this.
  2. As Homer would say.........BEEERRRRR! LOL! But seriously- I enjoy my cold'ies at times, but it's better than having someone come over, and say = Why didn't you do this, or that, or, you shoud've ........ I like my silent partner. We think together to solve issues, and make things happen!

3. After having some cancer removed last year I am finally feeling old. So yes I keep thinking about selling one of my 32’s, but I can’t bring myself to it. Then I think if I sell one I could do another build. My mind has not caught up with my body. Did someone say beer?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

4. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Only have room for one and I don't drink.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  5. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

I have a one car garage, one hot rod and like beer ... so to answer your question, Yes

jim snow likes this.
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

No, I don’t drink beer anymore. Thought about selling everything and getting a horse and moving to the wilderness in Montana or maybe Alaska to get away from all the idiots, then I remembered how much I hate cold weather.

Got two hobby cars and no time to work on either one.....

7. 1pickup

1pickup

No. It would take a lot more than A beer to get me to say that.

rod1, 0NE BAD 51 MERC and raven like this.
  8. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I've done that but it was three bikes and a dozen cars ago.

Crocodile likes this.
  9. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No.
    But I am going to downsize down to two when the Fleetline is done

10. Crocodile

Crocodile

I truly admire people that can be satisfied with one car/project. I am not one of those people. I may be my own worst enemy, in some regards. But my appetite for cool old Fords is too large to have just one, even if that "one" would be better than all of mine combined.

40FORDPU and bchctybob like this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

If I did, I apparently had too many beers because I don't remember ever saying it!

raven and bchctybob like this.
  12. mickeyc

mickeyc

I have three. All Fords, 40 coupe Model A Coupe
    and a 32 Three window coupe. I really really like all
    of them. Time and reality are catching up and
    sinking in. The 40 is nearing the expensive stage
    of paint and interior. One of the others may have to
    go. Perhaps both. Makes my brain hurt to think about it.

rusty valley and bchctybob like this.
  13. rusty valley

rusty valley

all my life i thought more is better, and now in my mid 60's, retirement in sight, realization that i am not jay leno has come into focus. i cant afford 10 things that need a new battery, or a new set of tires, or the insurance, etc etc, but just one? how the fuck would that work?

neatoldclassics likes this.
  14. trollst

trollst

Yes, I can identify, I'm wiring a 46 dodge now, gonna wire a 41 next, then I'm done, no more builds, for myself, or anyone else. Trying to sell my roadster, keep my 36, sit on the deck till august, load up and head for the salt. Laying on my back with my arms in the air, contorting around sharp objects just isn't fun anymore. DSC07559.JPG DSC07263.JPG DSC05379.JPG

ckdesigns and MO_JUNK like this.
  15. bchctybob

bchctybob

Beer or no beer, NOPE. I don’t ever see myself with just one. Two at least, more likely three. I’ve got two finished, one running and driving but not done, and three total projects all moving forward slowly. Lately I have thought of selling off the three running ones to open up some room in the shop but I think I want to make one of the projects run first. I hate being without a running hot rod.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. raven

raven

I’d like to have just one..or two. I’ve got my roadster that is the hot rod, my 54 Chevy truck that is a (hot rod) work truck, two Model A coupe projects, an early T bucket project, oh and a 48 Buick that either needs a new home or a bunch of loving (cash) from me...
    I’d rather just have my truck and a completed A coupe...
    Oh and then there’s the motorcycles...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

MO_JUNK likes this.
  17. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

Doesn't really matter what I say here. I don't need more than one. It's just nice to have a project underway and always think "no more", but being somewhat of an impulse buyer in my weaker moments it changes "no more" to "one more". And like many of you, I have dabbled in motorcycles, boats, trucks, sports cars, buses, parts and hot rods. It has been a real struggle to downsize but I'm gradually getting there. The work is getting more difficult and it has never been in my mindset to farm anything out, so the natural progression will likely end at "just one" for me.
    But not the beer.

18. clem

clem

Sounds like you should keep your Tudor, if this is the alternative.........

19. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8F1B74F3-AB4B-4553-85C1-EBA0D9F3DF95.jpeg 692E700D-F5AE-43F4-8FC7-F8DAEA5FEBA9.jpeg You have to be joking , beer absolutely . One hot rod no way. This is off my deck tonight. And one lurker 28 tudor in the distant shop. Though with 4 road going my storage space is almost maxed out, note i said almost. Yep i have everything to build another hot rod.

20. jaracer

jaracer

A good friend who had a body shop/tavern built about 1 - 2 custom cars a year for at least 10 years. He rarely ever sold one. When he died he had about 12 or so finished cars and maybe 25 more in various stages. Had many beers with him at the tavern and in the body shop and he was always on the search for another one.

21. egads

egads

No, Maybe I should start drinking?:):)[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  22. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Hell no, isn't that like a girl too pretty, a car too fast or too much money. No such thing!

nunattax, bchctybob and raven like this.
  23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I quit drinking in 1983, probably the smartest thing I have ever done. I am quite sure that I wouldn’t have been able to afford all this old car crap if I was still a drinker......

DCAE4D6A-172F-4BAE-B3D3-5DC093233750.jpeg 96AC77AE-0C3F-4973-973C-0BD782EA821D.jpeg 6F399CDA-0FB1-4CFE-B3B1-AE0D52705764.jpeg D7012021-3AAF-4013-8F31-4C523CD31F07.jpeg 16221A20-FDD6-4C0F-8B9D-2F62D4CC5511.jpeg 0D02BCA5-6618-4A23-A52E-8135677E7C01.jpeg 03ACE5CE-8A1F-4DE6-93B5-B296E0D20AEE.jpeg

24. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I have never said it but she who must be obeyed sure has. Wait was the question about beer or cars?

25. One woman
    One drink
    Many cars...

Now all I need is space for another project
    Chappy

raven likes this.
  26. Roothawg

Roothawg

I have often told the wife, that I wish I was one of those guys that could just be happy with one brand, one make. Not gonna happen. I am trying to collect one of everything.

stillrunners, bchctybob and egads like this.
  27. j hansen

j hansen

I drink a lot of beer,my problem is lack of space for more cars. Skärmavbild 2020-03-18 kl. 13.13.40.png

nunattax and INVISIBLEKID like this.
  28. It's always been just one for me. When I see something else that I have to have, I put my last car up for sale to fund it. There is always something to work on, including my boat...
    Lately it's been one beer too!

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  29. Yeah that's about it. Started out with a Model A in 1979. Went through several different ones over the years and then life changed a bit, drifting out of the scene for a time. Rolled back in with my current '58 (daily driver) which I've had for about 24 years or so now, then saw a 1930 Chevy truck last year that followed me home....:D

Circumstances in life do change- some good, some neutral, some not so pleasant. Even when we can drive no more, we will all have some great memories with our hot rods. ;)