Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '39 Coupe - Updates with the future generation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KCTA Chris, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Man, that was a cool day! Literally and figuratively! I still have that video you made. I need to get it transferred to DVD. I owe you a copy and need to get one to Kim. Yeah, she tracked me down about 2 years ago and we stay in touch.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Such a badass iconic car Chris. Glad to see the progress.

3. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

I’m still slowly getting that old Merc back together. Life got an appetite for my (spare time).
    Coupe sounds amazing Chris, good job.

cactus1 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Thanks! I choose to run a Carter pump (P4594) and Speedways Filter. I debated some on this as I wanted to run a mechanical pump but limited on the Ansen motor mount. Ironically that mount will clear a mechanical with spacers, but would need to corner notch the hump in the crossmember - which I just replaced. I have the two carbs but didn't want the noise of the Holley Red pump so this looks like a decent solution for my needs flowing around 4.5. Filter is from Speedway: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Prof...MItp3p-smf6AIVC77ACh3GxgpZEAQYBSABEgIUu_D_BwE

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  5. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Another week of progress. My oldest son made a battery tray bracket. The young one and I installed deadener and enough shiny foil insulation to make me feel like I was prepping a NASA Lunar Module. IMG_8728.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

Cant wait to see it on the road again Chris...

7. raven

raven

I second that sentiment!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.