Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical model a visor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by richard crow, Feb 29, 2020.

1. richard crow

richard crow

has any one removed the wind shild visor to make it look more like a 32 ford how much work is invold any pictures

2. jetdocmodelA

jetdocmodelA

28-29 or 30-31? I’m about to fit the header crown and visor on my 28 coupe and can snap some pics. I know it’s the opposite of what you’re after, but you can see the details.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

if you really want a '32, go get one... otherwise celebrate the model A...

4. HotRod33

HotRod33

00f0f_fuXz1Hk2AKF_600x450.jpg . Here's a 1930 model a that had a 32 header panel and door tops put on... They also filled the top.. it would be a lot of work... But if you have a header panel and door tops do it

Jibs likes this.
  5. alchemy

alchemy

I agree with Sloppy. A Model A should be appreciated.

6. Not for me but didn't Flop have the header made up for may be 30-31

7. HotRod33

HotRod33

The Original poster asked for pictures... If he wants to build one it's his decision... He wasn't asking who likes them..

8. A Model A without a visor ain't a Model A.

9. rustisgold

rustisgold

[​IMG] easily one of the best looking A coupes around! I think leaning the A pillars back at the same time is crucial to making it look right

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. 5window

5window

I appreciate the work, but I don't like the look. Frankly, it looks like somebody jammed an ill-fitting cowl onto some kind of later body and it just doesn't look right with out the visor and just sitting on the frame. I think it might have worked better if the cowl was a '30-31 Not my car, so I have no say, JMTC. OP you've seen the picture, so what do you think?

Full disclaimer: I like the look of a hot-rodded Model A better than I like a Deuce.

11. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" There are enough surviving real steel Model 'A's to allow what I consider to be the basis of "traditional hotrodding". That means making it yours by whatever means you see fit. Years down the road these sliced and diced 'A's will be revered for not only being largely Henry steel but modified in ways that will be recognized as innovative and a slight parting with the cookie cutter norms. Yeah, I can appreciate the vision, effort and results.

12. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would not advise removing the visor from your Model A unless you're willing to go whole-hog with the '32 header conversion route.

Years ago my brother bought a '29 that had had a bunch of metal work done in '90s. This included shaving the drip rails and removing the visor. The metal work was very well done, but without the visor, the car looked like it had a Frankenstein forehead. And with all this, it looked nothing like a '32. Even with a nice chop and rake, it was was flat-out ugly. We put a $100 visor on it, and it was transformed!

RicsA-quarter.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Dino 64 likes this.
  13. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

Not a fan. Stay with the A is my opinion.

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.