Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedway 27 roadster windshield pix/info?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by h.i., Mar 2, 2020.

1. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Looking for any pictures and info of the 4" CHOPPED speedway windshield frame/stanchions for a 27 ford roadster. I think they are probably too tall for what I want but id like to see one actually mounted on a car if possible. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. evintho

evintho

These are the Speedway 4" chopped posts and frame but if I remember right, I took another inch or so off.

[​IMG]

3. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thank you! Was there another pivot up high that got cut off? All the ones I see have one pivot near the top of the post. Yours looks like its in the middle?

4. The '26-'27 originals had a pivot at the top so both sections could pivot out to let air in. When chopping stock posts you can cut through each pivot point at the halfway point and weld back together to get a windshield with a very nice visual appeal and still retain the original top mounting posts. Thats about all I know, sorry.

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Like this.
    Speedway Mr Roadster 4” chopped, I sent the frame and stock stantions ( which I chopped ) for chroming.

To me it’s a perfect height and allows me to have a top which I had Rod Tops build.

C20BA201-750B-4DCB-8062-D6A4B28970AC.jpeg 7DCC8724-F511-4CF4-80E3-E55FBF7BBB76.jpeg CDBCC970-EE5D-4726-B6D7-A7A372223926.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    dana barlow and mad mikey like this.
  6. evintho

evintho

Here's some stock stanchions (actually aftermarket aluminum). Yes, they have two pivot points.

[​IMG]

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

When you chop the stock posts you eliminate the center pivot keeping just the top one.

I incorporated a couple of threaded bungs welded in to mount mirrors.

dana barlow likes this.
  8. dwollam

dwollam

I had a crummy '27 T windshield that needed new glass and also chopped. I cut 4" off the bottom of the top frame, had a 1 piece glass cut for it so the 2 frames butted together. I then cut the stock posts to match, welded the posts back together, and used all 4 pivot points to hold it all together. Worked great and was rigid instead of swinging.

Dave

9. Any T roadster windshield that is taller than 8 1/2" at the center point is toooo tall. It tends to look like a barn door and probably doesn't give any more protection. Biased, I guess.

Inked Monkey likes this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes, biased and totally wrong.
    If my windshield was only that tall it would put the top edge of it right in line with my line of vision and I’d have to hunch down or stretch up to see.

Trying to look over it would mean any number of things hitting me in the face and putting a top on would be impossible.

It’s a reality of a T as opposed to a Model A or 32 which has more room.

ClarkH likes this.