Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trouble uploading photos from my camera

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Robert J. Palmer, Feb 23, 2020.

1. I am having trouble uploading photos from my camera to the H.A.M.B. using my lap top and desk top.

It took almost three minutes (2:56.46) to upload the following photo my camera to the H.A.M.B. using my lap top.

I have cleared my history cookies etc....

Thank-You for your help
    Robert J. Palmer

100_0011.JPG

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  2. Robert, check the size of the image something like 640 x 480 is what I use. HRP

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

100_0011.JPG

Saved to my desktop and re-loaded to this post without any mods in less than a minute... @Robert J. Palmer this file is a more than manageable size at 212K...

Sometimes web is f'd up and a few days ago here we had login issues and had trouble doing many things so maybe that was the problem...

4. I will try to resize them when I get home.

I have also had issues loading from the Snipping Tool ant thoughts on that issue?

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At 225k (file size on drive) and the dimensional size, it is fine...its not so much the dimensional size of the pic file it's the file size that kills...

I as a rule stay around 300k in (file size on drive)...

That is to say if the pic is 1-4 mb in file size I reduce it to 300k approx to use in my posts...

Many still use huge pics in that 1 to 4 mb range and the posts take forever to load...

20200225_131513.jpg

100_0011.JPG

Again this is your pic again...I just downloaded it again as is and posted it in seconds...no need to make it smaller than it is...that pic is perfect As Is...

The Black info box is the physical and dimensional sizes of your pic...Nothing wrong...

Below is a link to an app I use with my phone pics with great success...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ibeccato.photoczip

0_20191022_035033.jpg

20200225_132940.jpg

:rolleyes:...My normal App Settings

20200225_134543.jpg

:rolleyes:...Before

20200225_133646.jpg

:rolleyes:...After resize...

:rolleyes:...with Photo App My Camera pic went from 5mb to 277k...Much Smaller...
    Dimensional size is still large enough to show and use without issue.

The Snip Tool I use, I save in sizes at or around 300k on my harddrive and load same as camera or phone pics...

No to Copy and Paste pics from Net...Save to Harddrive then load to Hamb and always check you have no red x's...they do not happen when you save to your drive and load from there...

Long winded hope it helps...;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  6. Test
    upload_2020-2-25_16-50-5.png

Test 2
    upload_2020-2-25_16-52-33.png

Test 3
    upload_2020-2-25_16-54-55.png

Much better, Thank guys.

7. I don't have a Smart Phone, I hate that I have to have a cell phone at all. (Unlike most people my age.)

I am 6 volt guy living in a 12 volt world.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First off I understand learning curves with this electronic digital numbers and file type crap...I am challenged with it just like you fellas

I don't profess to be a scholar in this but post pics and downsize all the time here...as well I have Graphic Art training and work quite extensively with Files or all sizes...

The trick is getting a small physical size (mb) with decent Resolution (dimensional size)

Your three pics just posted of the sedan...

Those three pics are still bogging on load. They range in physical size from 566k to 800k...near 300k is better while keeping file size in the 1200 x 900ish range provides good detail and easy load...

The Conundrum is How do You achieve 300k with a decent image size. There are so many programs to do this its mind boggling...and then you have to make them work for you...:eek:

Some 300k Samples below...with reasonable Image Size

DR_RW.jpg

:rolleyes:...Physical Size - 302k, Resolution (Dimension on screen) 1200 x 900 pixels

Marty-HolmanT1.jpg

:rolleyes:...Size 300k, Resolution 1412 x 713 pixels

Marty-HolmanT1smaller.jpg

:rolleyes:...Size 96.9k, Resolution 706 x 357 pixels

Think of it this way Size is Volume on the Hardrive

Resolution is The Footprint on Screen like a Picture on the wall

You Should be able to get a Larger Resolution picture which is better for us to see WITH a smaller Size...

From my experience if you can get the file down to 300k the size does not so much matter but small means less detail when you zoom in...

How did you resize your pics of the Sedan?

Again, You should Aim for files
    near 300k in Size while keeping file size in the 1200 x 900ish range provides good detail and easy load...

That is just a matter of setting your Camera or finding a program to Downsize Larger Pics and figuring out what gets those results in average...

Credit to Photographers, Owners

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020