Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Electric windows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deanp72, Feb 7, 2020.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

They were standard on my 47 Lincoln. Spring pulled them down, hydraulic cylinder closed them. All the stuff was rusted solid, the pump was missing, wiring shot. Would have cost a fortune to replace. I used some electric kit I bought off of eBay, look just like the AutoLock stuff that the Hoffman group sells but mine were in a plain white box with no markings. The motors are probably only about 3" in diameter if that big, so they might fit the T doors.

fordflambe likes this.
  2. You’re right,,,he asked for recommendations,,,and received several it seems .

Also,,,,Mark is a very nice guy,,,,he could have easily deleted the thread !

Tommy

3. And somebody called me the "traditional police"? Your car, your choice.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  4. There's a nice little hot rod shop in my town that I'm having a few things sorted out on my truck. One they fixed was some issues I had with the power windows. Billy Holmes, the owner, is building a Facebook page and he made this video clip of my windows to use. Note the switches I had him put in..................

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  5. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Try to find correct window stuff for 35 Chevy standard 2dr sedan that is missing Good luck.So I drove 15 mile to SPW and got mine,They are great people to work with.They gave me a Model A regulator for my 1/4 windows to let them go down a couple more inches.Been back there a couple times for help and they are great

dirty old man likes this.
  6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

So very true, I thought that is what we were supposed to do -help others

7. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

I guess we are !! my t has no windows . the only crank is under the radiator .never use it . installed a electric . oh , wrong again !