Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Back to the Fifties info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I am going to Back to the Fifty's this year. Will be staying with my Son up in Forest Lake, about ~35 miles north of it.
    I plan on parking on the grounds, and have a handicap sticker.
    Question is what is the best time to arrive at the gate to get in. ??
    I have head stories of cars lining up at 4:00 AM to get in, making a huge line.
    I don't care what time of the day I get there..or which day.
    Any help would be appreciated..
    TKS

2. Sunday is the easiest day to get in / at any hour you want. Friday, after 9/10am is usually pretty easy to get in (without sitting in a traffic jam outside the fairgrounds). Saturday is crazy. From Forest lake, come down 35W and take the left lane Cleveland avenue exit. Follow Cleveland avenue south to (left on) Commonwealth Avenue. The Commonwealth avenue entrance is the least busy entrance, but it doesn’t open until 10am.

bill gruendeman likes this.
  3. putz

putz
    from wisc.

do you have a car to show , or just need parking info. ?

4. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Sunday is not a good day for cars, a lot of out of town cars are on the road Sunday morning. I go for the swap meet on Sunday and I am home by noon or one. Like chuky said, Friday is by far the best day a lot less civilians.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I am no help because I don't attend, but I did fix the spelling in the title... good luck

Hdonlybob likes this.
  6. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Thanks much...gotta love this forum..
    Yes I will enter my car...only for the reason to get inside and be able to move around a bit. I also carry a handicap scooter if I need to walk very far..

7. Gary Jr

Gary Jr

get pre-registered ,go to the south gate 7-8 o'clock, you will have maybe a 10 min. wait. I do not bring a car in , park in one of the south public lots, and walk right in.

8. Gary Jr

Gary Jr

sorry, that's not guaranteeing a great spot to park. theres always room in the west lot.

9. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

The north metro host hotel location is on 694 and Lexington Avenue, that's where you'll want to go to register or pick up the registration packet if you pre register. It's probably a 25 minute drive from Forest Lake when traffic is moving okay.

I would check with the MSRA about handicap parking provisions during the event.

Hdonlybob likes this.
  10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Go to their website msra.com for info and email them with your question on handicap parking info if not on website. It's a great show, Huge beautiful fairgrounds, I will go there again this year, been there maybe 8 times in last 20 years, IMO the best big show, but with all the problems of a big show, getting in am is a PIA, if you are by yourself, as somebody suggested go in around 9 am works for me, if in a group and you want to park together you have to go early, then it's quite the F story IMO. Friday best day, Saturday busiest, Sunday slowest participants, walk ins, swap meet on Sunday. Enjoy it's a WOW deal

Hdonlybob likes this.
  11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

THANK YOU...just sent an email :)

wicarnut likes this.