Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG from 'Bama

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Ace Spades, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Ace Spades

Ace Spades

Been scoping the forums here for years and finally decided to make the leap and join formally.
    A little bit about myself: I'm an Army retiree that currently works as a DOD mechanic on the Bradley Fighting Vehicle weapons systems. Been turning wrenches for roughly 51 years. Currently I own a 1947 Chevy truck that I built for my late wife in '05. I would say it's a traditionally inspired rod. My next one is going to be a 1957 Ford Custom 300 (the one in my avatar) that i should be picking up this weekend. Right now the only plan i have is to drive it as is and make some minor traditional mods to it.

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Sounds like a couple of great rides. Keep us posted with some photo's of both. Jimmie

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Good to have you along for the ride, I am sure you will find the H.A.M.B. a great place to hang out.!!

4. Welcome and thanks for your service. Enjoy your HAMBtime...........Don.

Unique Rustorations likes this.

5. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana and I’ll add to Loth above saying thanks for your service to our country! Nice looking Ford too! Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. 343w

343w

Welcome to the board from Vincent Al. Always good to get another homeboy on here!

8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Welcome from Berry AL, just north of Roll Tide Tuscaloosa!
    Have they got that new Loves open down there on 431 yet?

9. Ace Spades

Ace Spades

Thanks for the welcome. Good to see More Bamians here.
    Haven't gotten it open yet. The rainy weather has slowed up getting the intersection there finished to acommodate big trucks. Hopefully soon.

10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I don't get down that way much anymore, but that is a much needed place.

There used to be a dude on the east side of the road, seems like it was just before you got back into Opelika coming north, that had some nice projects sitting in the yard. Had some kind of 5 window coupe, a 57 Chevy 2 door and some other stuff. Always wanted to stop but never seemed to have the time.....

11. Ace Spades

Ace Spades

It's definitely needed. It'll be a plus for Smith's Station as well. I'm glad it's a Love's. They are a quality operation.

I think I know where you mean. He's still got a bunch of old stuff there.