Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Nude Stude Dude

Nude Stude Dude

My name is Dave and I live in a suburb of Louisville, Ky. I have a '49 Studebaker half ton pickup restomod and was told by a couple of guys on the AACA website that this is the site to go to because they aren't big fans of restomods there so here I am. I also belong to the Studebaker Drivers Club where I believe that some of the older members aren't fans of restomods either but they have a great monthly club publication so I'm going to stay with them.
    I bought my truck last year and about all I've done to it was add a set of Goodyear radials. It originally came with a flathead 6 (80 hp) but the guy I bought it from installed a Stude 289 V8 out of a '62 Hawk. He also upgraded the 3 speed manual with a heavier duty trans with overdrive and added a Ford 9" rear end with 3.50 gears, Cadillac front disc brakes, A/C, CD player, Reese hitch, new steering box, fog lights, and a lot more. Here's a couple of pics....

PS..............I'm not nude but it sounded better than Rude Stude Dude. LOL...

PICT0028.JPG PICT0041.JPG s-l1600.jpg PICT0033.JPG

Fern 54, lothiandon1940 and LAROKE like this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. WOW, that is one nice ride you have. If there are local car shows or cruises it should really draw an interested crowd around it. I know it would down here in Texas. Jimmie

3. Nude Stude Dude

Nude Stude Dude

Thanks for the kind words. I took it to quite a few cruises last year and never saw another Stude truck. Maybe I'll see a couple this year. Thanks again for the comments....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good looking Stude! My favorite model of the pickups.

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Welcome from mo.

6. So cool! That one would quickly become my daily driver. Welcome to the club from Arkansas!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and nunattax like this.
  7. Welcome! Great looking truck!... Now, everybody git Necked!!!:eek:

8. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Welcome to the HAMB .We also are members of the Stude Drivers Club my lady friend and I. She wants a Pickup also but so far nothing she can afford and also wants automatic. I agree, Turning Wheels is a great Mag. We have seen this one several years in a row at CHRR, Bakersfield California. Buy the way the Guy must be a grape grower because he shared the most delicious large green grapes with us. We'll never forget that, or his truck. DSCN2388.JPG DSCN3694.JPG DSCN3695.JPG