Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Front Spring Advice

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mike Colemire, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I'm using the mopar wavy axle on my 32 plymouth, the spring that came with it is 33 1/2 inches, eye to eye. I'm going to have to buy a 28, 29 inch spring. The spring sets behind the axle and I don't want anything that will lower it. I'm trying to get it farther up off the ground. The car will have a 427 BBC with steel heads and I have several 1 3/4 leaves in case I have to add some. What would you all suggest to get from Speedway or any where else to fit my needs?

2. Think I would talk to the guys at Poise"s springs,and see what they think.

Nailhead Jason and Chavezk21 like this.
  3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

If rumors and heresay are worth anything , I've read numerous references to speedway springs referred to as "trailer " springs , for what its worth .....

4. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

5. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Doesn't Speedway sell Posies spring? I was thinking they did.

6. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

It appears they have posies " super slide" AND third own house brand " super glide". ...clever fellows LOL

clem likes this.
  7. 30 years ago i was a forklift mechanic at a Smithfield Ham facility, it was Cooks Ham back then, if a product didn't pass quality control because it was trimmed wrong or didn't look a certain way, they put a sir lancelot label on it. What's the chance that's where speedway gets their springs? Not from a ham processing plant, from Posies lol

8. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Better yet , where does posies get them ??

clem and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  9. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I don't know but I ordered one from Speedway today.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  10. 97

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  11. I hope you got a Posies spring and not a Speedway brand spring. There is a reason Speedway is the Walmart of hot rod stuff. Yes it will fit, function at some level. But you don’t buy running shoes at Walmart, it’s the same thing for some parts from speedway.

deucemac and flatford39 like this.
  12. lowrd

lowrd

Try Eaton Detroit spring. They make custom springs.

13. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

St. Louis Spring has some pretty good prices and selection. Got the rear springs for a friends '54 Plymouth from them.

14. Fogger

Fogger

I bought a front reversed eye rolled and tapered spring from Posies for my '32 Roadster 14 years ago. Still works great and doesn't have the bumps for the sliders, looks like a stock type spring. I got it directly from Posies after contacting them with the details of my car. They supplied the correct spring rate.

15. Joel W

Joel W

Linale manufacturing in Omaha NE makes most any spring you can imagine, stock to custom. I cannot guarantee it, but they they made some of the springs for speedway motors also.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app