Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Auto Swap ‘n Sell W. Springfield MA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AVater, Jan 18, 2020.

1. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Got out of the house on this cold day and headed up to the Big E fairgrounds for this long running event. Great to get out and see some familiar faces though much there for sale was “off topic”.

81059B79-D387-45D6-B22C-B27B91092B1F.jpeg 5B6839D2-9E76-4F06-A3A1-4EF6C41C6DB9.jpeg 68FD0ABD-1A83-47DC-B695-5C37777670ED.jpeg D4D475F7-58A8-42E9-AF99-3FCE6E175840.jpeg 7BCC362D-6F58-44BE-AFC3-26CC2A7A6A0D.jpeg

2. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

For a winter show its something to do. way more of a place to see people haven't seen since car show stuff, missed You tho .you can find some parts if you look in boxes hard enuff. and some want outrageous prices for stuff

loudbang and AVater like this.
  3. swifty

swifty

Thanks for the pics @AVater. Looks like you managed to find some "on topic" stuff to take pics of. Did you get a price on the Brookville roadster?

4. That’s gotta be the most car parts I’ve seen at that swap in at least 15 years. Last time I went it was all beef jerky and women’s handbags.

5. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Thank you Swifty. I did see a price but have a case of CRS and don’t want to misquote.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Pete, I missed being there too, but it is a long commute from Pennsylvania. At least there was some parts worth looking at, not like it used to be..

AVater and loudbang like this.
  7. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Missed seeing you and your booth as well. Looks to me like there were fewer vendors but more auto focused which means to me hopefully it will get stronger in the future.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I was next door at the Poultry Show.

9. flatford39

flatford39

10. I used to every year when I lived in NY . Got great deals on tools , back then I know in the late 90's the was a lot of non car stuff .

11. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

ScootRZ1 --sorry I missed you! Catch you sometime soon hopefully.

It appears they are moving to an "auto related only" standard. This could bode well for the future as there aren't many winter events for us around.

Funny how the poultry show, this swap meet and the motorcycle event are all on the same day.

As noted above, it looks like they are striving for a more automotive focus for this event.

I believe it to be a 35 Ford but could not be sure as the steel part where the radiator support rods would normally be had been cut or altered. Possible it was a '34 as well.

12. Hopefully things are going to turn around if there is more auto related parts. Used to go with friends but stopped because of so much Chinese crap, cloths and other non car stuff.

GreenMonster48 and AVater like this.