Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help Needed, Pete and Jakes part #s for 1932 Hydraulic brake & clutch kit

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roll of the dices, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hi All, Happy New Year!

Need some help making sure I have the right part numbers for for Pete and Jake's kit 3040 before ordering what I need.
    I am looking for the right part #s for, the dual brake master cylinder, single aluminum clutch cylinder and the aluminum slave cylinder, shown and used with the Pete and Jakes 1932 kit shown below.

I reached out to Pete and Jakes but have not been able to provide. Maybe someone here might have them and can make it easier on me? My frame came with the same kit, minus the cylinders.

I am planning on using Lincoln drum brakes in all four corners and a flathead with a T5 transmission behind.

Here is what I have so far, but unsure, as I don't understand bore sizes. Part #s are from Speedway

Dual Feed Master Cylinder W/ Internal Stainless Steel Sleeve with 1" bore,
    Part #: 91031425

Wilwood 260-15098 GS Compact Integral Master Cylinder with 3/4" bore,
    Part #: 83526015098

Wilwood 260-1333 Clutch Slave Cylinder with 7/8" bore,
    Part #: 8352601333

Also, if I understand correctly, I should be using a 10 lb residual valve for each front and rear brake lines and a proportinoning valve for the rear line, behind the residual valve...Is that correct?

Thank you in advance.

Part #3040 1932 Hydraulic Clutch and Brake Kit

1932-Ford-Brake-and-Clutch-Pedal-Assembly.jpg

2. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

You don't need a proportioning valve with drum brakes on all 4 corners...Just with disc drum combos...The rest looks fine...

irishsteve likes this.
  3. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why no prop valve with 4 drums? Don’t you still want to reduce pressure to the rear during hard braking?? Just sayin.

4. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

That should be handled by your master and it's primary/secondary function if at all. Cars didn't have prop valves until they got discs from the factory and the 2 brakes were powered so differently.
    Sent from my SM-A505U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. alchemy

alchemy

Not true. I stripped the whole master and valve system out of a late 60's Ford Fairlane many years ago and it included a proportioning valve. The car was a 4 drum car.

InstantT likes this.
  6. Also, regarding proportioning valve is the piston size of front calipers, rear calipers, and master cylinder.
    On factory cars these are pre-balanced or proportioned for the owner by the factory's selection of parts.
    On rods where we are mixing and not necessarily matching parts, the proportioning valve helps us compensate.

Phil

7. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

Why?

Sent from my SM-A505U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. alchemy

alchemy

I don't know why. I just took the whole master/valve assembly because I knew they worked well together and the Ford engineers were smarter than I was. If it worked for Ford in their 4 drum Fairlane it should work in my 4 drum 40 tudor with F-1 brakes.

I never have driven that car yet so I can't give any test results.

9. Thank you all for your input.
    I decided to go with Cornhusker's kit. Gary was great to deal with. Great communication and customer service.
    The fact that he has used it before in applications same as mine makes me feel a lot better.

Parts fit great and simple install.

thumbnail_IMG_5432.jpg